Cowbell is now accepting applications from students attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria for its 2019 National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition. The deadline for submission of applications for the 2019 Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is February 3, 2019.
Do you want N2m? Educational trip abroad and the bragging rights of being crowned the best Mathematician in Nigeria? REGISTER for the 2019 Cowbellpedia TV Quiz Show for FREE.
Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics TV Quiz Show: a national mathematics competition that is aired on major TV stations.
Cowbellpedia Radio Programme: a 5-minute interactive radio Mathematics programme on major stations pan Nigeria
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Mobile App: This can be downloaded on Google Play Store and Apple Store. With this App, students can test and sharpen their knowledge on the subject area of Mathematics. All these are geared towards nourishing the dreams of Nigerian children by providing a platform that recognizes and rewards excellence in Mathematics in addition to the quality nutrition that is provided by the Cowbell brand for the nourishment of the Nigerian populace especially children.
We wish to express our sincere gratitude for the total support and encouragement given thus far and to seek your continued support in our efforts to help our students develop an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The competition is in two stages:
- Stage 1: Qualifying Written Examination
- Stage 2: TV Quiz Show
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition Eligibility.
The Mathematics Competition is open to students from 10 – 18 years of age attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria. Entry into this competition is FREE.
Each School is required to present their BEST Ten (10) students in Mathematics (five from JSS3 and five from SSS2), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the next stage of the competition.
To encourage Girl Child Education, we are making a humble appeal that Mixed Schools nominate a minimum two (2) girls for each category to represent such school.
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition Prizes.
Below is a comprehensive highlight of all the prizes in Cowbellpedia Secondary School TV Quiz Show that Students, Teachers and schools get for participating in the National written examination and TV Quiz show.
Stage one (National Written Examination)
At the end of the written National Qualifying examination, top performing students and teachers from each state are rewarded for excellence performance as listed below:
|1||First position in each State (Junior & Senior)||₦30,000 each|
|2||Second Position in each State (Junior & Senior)||₦25,000 each|
|3||Third Position in each State (Junior & Senior)||₦20,000 each|
|4||Teacher of the First Position in each State (Junior & Senior)||₦30,000 each|
Stage Two (TV Quiz Show)
Below are all the cash prizes given to all the outstanding students involved in the Stage Two of the Cowbellpedia Competition and their Mathematics Teachers
|1||First Position in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦2,000,000|
|2||Second Position in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦1,500,000|
|3||Third Position in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦1,000,000|
|4||Fourth – Sixth Position in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦150,000|
|5||Teachers of the First Position Winners in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦500,000|
|6||Teachers of the Second Position Winners in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦400,000|
|7||Teachers of the Third Position Winners in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦300,000|
|8||Teachers of the Fourth – Sixth Position in each Category (Junior/Senior)||₦75,000|
|9||All eliminated Semifinalists (12 per Category) Students (Junior/Senior)||₦75,000|
|10||Teachers of all eliminated Semifinalists (Junior/Senior)||₦50,000|
|11||All Students Eliminated in Prelim, 36 per Category (Junior/Senior)||₦50,000|
|12||Teachers of all Students eliminated in prelim (Junior/Senior)||₦30,000|
Aside the cash prizes, there are other gift items given to all contestants as listed below:
- First and Second position students and their Teachers gets a Laptop each
- Trophies and medals for 1st – 3rd Positions
- Every other Students gets a Tablet each
- Text books and Computer Systems are given to the winners’ schools
Some special recognitions are given to:
- Best Students in the Cowbellpedia 60 Seconds of Fame (Student who answered highest number of Questions in 60 Seconds)
- Benson Oweka Prize: usually given to the most consistent School in the last three years of the Competition.
- Best Teacher of the year
How to Enter Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition.
- Go to www.cowbellpedia.ng
- Click on link to register your school
- Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
- An email will be sent to the School and Primary contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address must be verified before you can login.
- Once school email is verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
- On successful login, you click on the Add Candidates under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If you school is a mixed school, at least 2 of the candidates must be female or you won’t be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior) button will be shown on the page to “Register junior/senior candidates”. Click the button to complete the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and will also be mailed to the School, candidate and parent/guardian email address.
- Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed by the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
General Rules and Regulations
- Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, February 9th, 2019 at 10:00am. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination center list to check for the center nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY open to Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
- Candidates are advised to check their results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng as fromSaturday, June 1st, 2019.
- We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centers nearest to them.
- Results can also be obtained from respective NECO State offices, State Ministries of Education and Promasidor Nigeria Ltd Offices nationwide.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the second stage of the Quiz competition.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination
- The Second Stage of the examination would be in an exciting TV Quiz format – Quarter-finals, Semi- finals and finals.
Recap of Stage 2
- Stage Final examination is in TV Quiz format and is into stages: Preliminary, Semi-Final and Finals.
- All questions are developed by NECO
- This is serialized into 13 episodes and broadcast on major TV stations pan Nigeria.
- There are prizes for winners and other finalists with their teachers and schools
This Post Was Originally Posted on www.myschoolgist.com