Abia State University, ABSU notice to graduands on payment of convocation fee, hiring of regalia for the 26th convocation ceremony.
The 26th Convocation ceremony of Abia State University for the Conferment of Degrees and the award of Certificates and Prizes holds on Saturday 19th January, 2019 at the University Convocation arena. You are therefore urged to take the steps indicated below, to ensure that the University records a successful Convocation Ceremony:
Graduands who have collected their Statement of Results and present evidence of Certificate Clearance would collect their Certificates on the Convocation day.
The hire cost of a complete set of Regalia (Gown, hood, cap and Brochure) including payment of Scroll for your Certificate is Seven Thousand Naira (N7,000.00) only for first Degree Graduands and Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only for Post-Graduate graduands.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- Log on to the ABSU portal (www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any branch of our designated Banks listed below and make your payment.
- ABSU Microfinance Bank; Sky Bank Plc;
- Zenith Bank Plc; First Bank Plc; Ecobank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank Plc; Union Bank Plc; UBA Plc.
- Issuance of the materials indicated in (b) above begins on Tuesday, 15th January, 2019.
- Present receipt/evidence of payment to the Faculty/College/School/Institute Officers/Secretaries who shall, thereafter, issue the items to the graduands.
- Only graduands whose Degree results have been approved by the Vice-Chancellor/Senate are qualified to hire the items and participate in the Convocation ceremonies.
- All hired regalia must be returned to the point of collection, not later than Wednesday 29th January, 2019. A fine of One thousand naira (N1,000.00) per day, is charged for any day the regalia remains with the graduate, after the deadline.
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REGALIA:
A penalty of twenty-five thousand naira (N25,000.00) is payable, in the event of loss of or damage to a set of regalia (Gown, Hood and Cap). The list of graduands who violate the above directive should be submitted to the Registrar’s office not later than Thursday 31st January, 2019.
Any College/School/Institute/Faculty Officer who fails to submit the list of those who defaulted in the return of the regalia, risks paying the surcharge him/herself. In effect, College/School/Institute Secretaries/Faculty Officers are enjoined to brief the graduands adequately to adhere strictly to the above guidelines in the interest of all concerned.
This Post Was Originally Posted on www.myschoolgist.com