ACT Foundation is now accepting applications from non-profits and social enterprises across Africa for its 2019 Changemakers Innovation Challenge. The deadline for submission of applications for the ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge is 16th June, 2019.
ACT Foundation is a grant-making organization established in 2016 as a national and regional non-profit organization working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the Africa Continent. Our vision is to leverage relationships to create effective social impact solutions across Africa. ACT Foundation supports sustainable high impact initiatives through its four focus areas; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Leadership to create platform that provide innovative solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits in Africa, who are leveraging technology to create social change in rural settlements. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and build communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
The challenge which is open to all countries across Africa is to support small non-profits who are using digital tools to create innovative social offerings with funding and technical support to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge Eligibility.
1. The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards for profit ventures. (It must be fully towards social good)
2. Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Leadership.
3. Nonprofits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry.
4. All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital systems as major tools for the community impact. Show evidence of claim through provision of web links and other online presence.
5. Organization must have been in existence for at least two years.
6. All submitted social solutions must be at the growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc. must be documented and shared during the application.
7. Submitted innovations must have been implemented before.
How to Apply for ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge.
1. Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge closes Sunday 16th June 2019. Late entries will not be considered.
2. The entries must include a three-minute (3) YouTube video. The video should be uploaded onto your YouTube page and the link shortened, customized and filled in the application form using following format. e.g. www.bit.ly/xyzcompany
3. Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
4. All entries for this challenge must be in English.
5. No entry fee, purchase or payment of any kind is required.
6. Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue holding on Thursday, July 25th 2019 at the Lagos Continental Hotel Victorial Island, Lagos.