British Council is now accepting entries from individuals and companies of any size based anywhere in the world for its 2018 #IdeasChangeLives Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries for the British Council #IdeasChangeLives Challenge 23rd November, 2018.
Do you have a great digital idea that has the potential to create a better world? If so, enter the #IdeasChangeLives challenge. You could win a prize of £20,000 and the chance to work with the British Council’s Digital, Partnerships and Innovation team on an initiative to help achieve one of six of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They are looking for organisations, groups, or talented individuals, to work with them on creating hyper-innovative digital solutions.
This challenge gives you a genuine chance to change the world and improve the lives of some of the world’s most disadvantaged people – what’s your idea?You should have a vision for how your idea could improve the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.
British Council #IdeasChangeLives Challenge Eligibility.
- #IdeasChangeLives is open to individuals and companies of any size based anywhere in the world.
- You can enter as an individual, group of individuals, company, partnership, association or other organisation.
British Council #IdeasChangeLives Challenge Prize.
- Up to two winning entries will receive prizes of £20,000 each, funded by the Friends of the British Council.
- In addition, each winner will have the chance to work collaboratively with the British Council’s Digital, Partnerships and Innovation team to develop a minimum viable product (MVP) based on their idea.
- Once each MVP is ready, we will agree with the winner what the next phase of work is. From there we hope to develop a longer-lasting partnership, promoting the work through our network in more than 100 countries.
British Council #IdeasChangeLives Challenge Judging Criteria.
The shortlisting and judging panels will assess entries on the following criteria:
- Positive impact: Does your idea propose a genuine, life-changing solution to one of the above SDGs?
- Scale: Does your idea have the potential to change the lives of hundreds of thousands, or millions, of people through a digital engagement?
- Partnership: How would the partnership between you and us bring real value to the innovative digital idea? Also, how would it complement the existing work and role of the British Council?
How to Submit Entries for British Council #IdeasChangeLives Challenge.
Your digital solution must help the world address one, or more, of these six SDGs:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Launch: 15 October 2018
- Entries close: midnight GMT 23 November 2018
- Finalists announced: 30 November 2018
- Finalists present virtually: 10-14 December 2018
- Winners announced: noon GMT 21 December 2018