Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is now accepting applications for its 2019 International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme. The deadline for submission of applications for the CRG International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme is 13th January, 2019.
We are recruiting within the CRG International PhD Fellowships Programme, highly talented and motivated students, with backgrounds in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics and/or computer science.
Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, phd symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
Successful candidates will join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
Bioinformatics, Genomics and Population Genomics, including methods and technology development, data integration, systems modelling and deep learning in the areas of genomics, proteomics, image bioinformatics, single-cell omics, and high throughput functional screens.
Medical Genomics, including clinical and statistical genetics, medical and single cell genomics, molecular mechanisms of disease and disease heterogeneity, and evolutionary medicine.
Systems Biology and Genomics, including systems neurobiology, quantitative cell biology, cellular dynamics, algorithms, methods and technology development, data integration and visualization, imaging, synthetic biology, deep learning applied to biology and human health, and single cell biology.
Cell Biology, mechanistic and novel approaches to understand the process of cell compartmentation, division, growth, and tissue organization.
Cellular Decision Making and Interactions, including stem cell biology, host-microbiome interactions, differentiation and disease, evolution, and immunology.
CRG International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme Benefits.
CRG fellows will benefit from the CRG Research and Training Programme, which includes:
- International scientific environment. CRG is located in Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a cluster for biomedical research in southern Europe, which includes several other biomedical research institutions and more than 1000 researchers
- Advanced research training (training-through research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of CRG seminars and CRG/PRBB conferences with international invited speakers)
- Career development activities (Courses@CRG, INTERVALS Programme offered to PRBB residents)
- Cutting- edge advanced core facilities
- Other initiatives and activities organised by the PRBB and CRG
- Student community activities (Annual Retreat & Annual Symposium)
CRG International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme Eligibility.
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by September 2019. Candidates who expect to be awarded with such degree by September 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment for scientific research.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Candidates invited to previous PhD call interviews are not eligible.
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 6 months before the call deadline.
In case of doubts about the eligibility criteria, applicants should contact the Academic Office (email@example.com) prior to submitting an application.
How to Apply for CRG International Ph.D. Fellowships Programme.
- Applications must be submitted online
- Candidates must register in order to use the online application system.
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, Education, Coursework, Honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests and reference letters.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above mentioned languages.
- Applicants should select at minimum of 2 labs and a maximum of 5 in which they would like to work.
- Two reference letters will be automatically requested to the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
Deadline: January 13, 2019.
Applicants who would like to receive the information of the call in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on + 34 93 316 01 00.
This Post Was Originally Posted on www.myschoolgist.com