Dan David Foundation is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the 2019 Dan David Prize Scholarships for registered doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who study at recognized universities throughout the world. The deadline for submission of applications is 10th March, 2019.
The Dan David Prize is an international award, endowed by the Dan David Foundation and headquartered at Tel Aviv University.
The Dan David Prize recognizes and encourages innovative and interdisciplinary research that cuts across traditional boundaries and paradigms. It aims to foster universal values of excellence, creativity, justice, democracy, and progress and to promote the scientific, technological and humanistic achievements that advance and improve our world.
The Dan David Prize covers three time dimensions – Past, Present, and Future – that represent realms of human achievement. Each year the International Board chooses one field within each time dimension. Following a review process of individuals nominated for the Prize, by independent Review Committees comprised of renowned scholars and professionals, the International Board then chooses the laureates for each field.
- The Past refers to fields that expand knowledge of former times.
- The Present recognizes achievements that shape and enrich society today.
- The Future focuses on breakthroughs that hold great promise for improvement of our world.
Dan David Prize Awards Scholarships Eligibility.
- Scholarships are granted according to merit, without discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation;
- Ensure that your research is relevant to one of this year’s chosen fields, please read the field definitions on the website carefully before filling out the form;
- Applicants who have received a scholarship from the Dan David Prize may not apply again.
Dan David Prize Awards Scholarships Benefits.
- The Dan David Prize laureates annually donate twenty scholarships of US$15,000 each to outstanding doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers of exceptional promise in the selected fields for the current year. Ten scholarships are awarded to students at universities throughout the world and ten scholarships to students at
Tel Aviv University.
How to Apply for Dan David Prize Awards Scholarships.
- The application process, including the uploading of required documents, must be completed online only via the Dan David Prize website.
- The requested Application Form and all documentation must be completed in English only.
- For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +972-3-6406614
The following information/documentation is required for the completion of the Scholarship Application process:
- Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Applicant’s institution and department of study
- Postal address of institution of study
- Educational Status: Ph.D. student or postdoctoral researcher
- Commencement date of Ph.D. studies or postdoctoral research period
- Date of approval of Ph.D. research project (Postdoc: Not Applicable)
- Title of Ph.D./postdoctoral research project
- Postal address of applicant
- Telephone numbers: work, home and mobile
- Title, First Name, Last Name
- Supervisor’s institution and department of affiliation
- Work telephone number
Attachments(Supported formats: doc|rtf|docx|pdf, max size: 5MB)
- A full curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list of publications.
- A one to two page description of the applicant’s doctoral/postdoctoral research project.
- Three separate letters of recommendation, on official letterhead and signed by recognized scholars in the field, one of which must be the doctoral/postdoctoral supervisor.
All Recommendation Letters must be uploaded via the online Recommendation Submission Form link.
In addition, originals must mailed to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
- Signed authorization by the university, on official letterhead, stating that the applicant is a registered doctoral student/postdoctoral researcher, whose research has been approved.
In addition, original results must mailed to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 6997801, Israel.
Confirmation of successful application submission is provided electronically and a copy of the application material sent to the applicant via email provided during application
All Applications Are to be made before : 10th March, 2019.
Please Share This Post.
This Post Was Originally Posted on www.myschoolgist.com