DELSU Releases 2022/2023 Postgraduate Admission Form; The administration of Delta State University (DELSU) is inviting applications from individuals who meet the necessary qualifications for admission to its postgraduate programs (including the Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Master, Academic Master, and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees) for the academic year 2022–2023.
HAVE YOU USED OUR JAMB TOOL YET? IT PROVIDES YOUR JAMB COMBINATION FOR FREE
DELSU Postgraduate Admission General Requirements
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must hold a diploma from a school recognized by the Senate, or its equivalent. Additionally, they must have earned at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB, including English Language and Mathematics, in no more than two sittings. A passing grade in math or English is unacceptable. ACE and TC II are also not accepted. (Was there a WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB equivalent?) Please be aware that anyone applying for admission to any of the programs will not be granted a waiver.
- A candidate applying for PhD in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Candidates for academic master’s degrees (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., and LL.M.) must hold a bachelor’s degree in the pertinent field from Delta State University or another accredited institution with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate.
- Candidates applying for a professional Master Degree must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
- M.Phil degree Programme :The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) is an advanced Postgraduate research master programme, which is based entirely on taught course and an independent thesis under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The M.Phil Degree can be used to gain entry into a Ph.D programme. M.Phil Degree is on its own and there is no conversion from M.Phil to Ph.D. However, M.Phil degree can be used to gain entry to a Ph.D Programme.
- Duration: The duration of the M.Phil programme is twelve (12) months for a regular or full-time M.Phil Degree and twenty-four (24) months for a part-time M.Phil degree.
- M.Phil Entry Requirements: The M.Phil entry requirements are Master degree (M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc etc) with less than 60% average (i.e 50%-59%) or CGPA of 3.00-3.49.
- Number of Courses: Three courses from relevant areas, which must include 1. Thesis 2. Research Methods and two relevant courses in the area of study
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates are required to visit https://portal.delsu.edu.ng/ and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2022/2023 PG Admission Form online and to also generate an application virtual pin of N31.000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
- Zenith Bank,
- Unity Bank,
- Fidelity Bank.
The Closing date for the sale of DELSU postgraduate forms will be 31st December 2022.
Note: Applicants are to upload scanned copies of the following documents in pdf format:
Transcripts of all prior degrees earned, including WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB certificates (not TC II)
Exemption or exclusion certificates for NYSC must be obtained only from the NYSC Office.
A three to five-page research proposal outlining the topic of interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
Before completing the Application Form, candidates are advised to read the instructions on the website’s home page, portal.delsu.edu.ng.
Also required of candidates is the downloading of transcript forms, which must then be submitted to their previous institutions. The Postgraduate School at the Abraka Campus will publish a list of those who have been offered provisional admission to any program. Candidates who have been admitted provisionally will be screened, and fees will be paid, right away.