University of Edinburgh is now accepting applications from overseas research students for its 2019/2020 Global Research Scholarship. the deadline for submission of applications for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship is 1st February, 2019.
These awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship Award.
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2019-2020.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship Eligibility.
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2019-2020.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on a PhD programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Masters programme of study in 2019 and your PhD the following year in 2020, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2019.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
How to Apply for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship.
Information on how to apply will follow shortly – the closing date will be 1st February 2019.
It is anticipated that all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of April 2019.
For more details on this award please contact Scholarships and Student Funding Services:
Share This Post On:
This Post Was Originally Posted on www.myschoolgist.com