Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Pre-degree courses in the Pre-degree Programme of Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti for 2020/2021 Session.
EKSU Pre-Degree Available Subject Combinations
Note to Mobile users: Scroll to the side to view all the contents in the table below:
|Agricultural Sciences||1. Agricultural Science /Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.|
2. Biology /Chemistry/ Physics /English Language
|Arts||1. Government/Literature in English/Religious Studies|
2. Economics/Government/Literature in English
|Biological Sciences||1. Biology/Chemistry/Physics|
2. Agricultural Science/Chemistry/Physics
|Education||1. Agricultural Science/ Chemistry/ Physics /English Language.|
2. Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.
3. Government /Literature in English/CRS/ IRS/English Language.
4. Literature in English/ CRS /IRS/ English Language.
5. Government/ Literature in English/ Economic/ English Lang.
6. Chemistry/Physics/Geography/English Language.
7. Mathematics/ Chemistry/Physics/English Language.
8. Geography/ Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.
9. Economics /Mathematics/Geography/Government/English.
10. Economics/ Government /Geography/English Language.
11. Economics /Government /Mathematics/ English Language.
12. Mathematics /Geography /Economics/ English Language.
|Physical Sciences||1. Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics|
|Social Sciences||1. Economics/Government/Mathematics|
4. Economics/Commerce/Principles of Accounting
OBTAINABLE DEGREE PROGRAMMES UNDER EACH OPTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A. AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
(1) Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
(2) Crop Production, Horticulture and Landscaping
(3) Forestry & Wild Life
(4) Animal Production & Health Sciences
(5) Soil & Environmental Sciences
(6) Fisheries and Agriculture Management (FAM)
(3) History and International Studies
(6) Christian Religious Studies; Arabic & Islamic Studies
(7) Theatre and Media Arts
C. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
(5) Plant Science and Biotechnology
(6) Zoology and Environmental Biology
(7) SLT Biotechnology
(1) English Education (13) French Education
(2) History Education (14) Christian Religious Studies Education; Arabic & Islamic Studies Education
(3) Yoruba Education (15) Agricultural Education
(4) Biology Education (16) Chemistry Education
(5) Human Kinetics & Health Education (17) Computer Education
(6) Mathematics Education (18) Educational Technology
(7) Technical Education with the following Option: (19) Adult Education
(i) Building (ii) Metal Works (20) Education & Lib. Studies
(iii) Electrical /Electronic (iv) Integrated Science (21) Environmental Education
(8) Early Childhood Education (22) Economics Education
(9) Geography Education (23) Political Science Education
(10) Accounting Education (24) Business Education
(11) Educational Management (25) Guidance & Counselling
(12) Social Studies Education
E. PHYSICAL SCIENCES
(2) Industrial Chemistry
(3) Civil Engineering
(4) Computer Science
(5) Computer Engineering
(6) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
(9) Mechanical Engineering
(12) SLT with the following Options:
F. SOCIAL SCIENCES
(2) Banking & Finance
(3) Business Administration
(4) Entrepreneurship Studies
(6) Actuarial Science
(7) Cooperatives & Rural Development
(9) Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
(12) Environmental Management
(13) Geography & Planning Sciences
(14) Personnel Management
(15) Political Science
(18) Tourism & Hospitality Management
EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission into the Pre-Degree Programmes must possess a minimum of five ‘0’ level at two sittings, including English Language; Credits Mathematics and three other Science subjects for all the Science-based courses; credit in Mathematics and at least two Social Science subjects for all Social Science-based courses and at least three Arts subjects for All Arts based courses. An entrance examination will be conducted to select eligible candidates for admission into the Programme.
How to Apply for EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Form
The application form is N15,600.
Applicants are to:
- Login to quickteller.com
- Search for “Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti” at the “find a biller” Search Bar
- Fill in your email address or phone number in the space provided.
- Input the Payer’s Full name (The Applicant’s full name)
- Search for “APPLICATION FORM (PRE-DEGREE)”
- Click on “Continue”
- Fill in your card details
- Click on “pay”
- Go to the University admission portal eksuportal.eksu.edu.ng.
- Click on ‘ADMISSION’, a drop-down list of applications will appear, click on ‘Apply for Admission’.
- It will take you to a signup page, where you will create an account.
- On successfully sign-up, locate the sign in and log in to your dashboard.
- You will see the list of available application, locate PREDEGREE APPLICATION on the dashboard and click on apply.
- The next page is to confirm your payment. You are to enter your payment reference number that was generated while making payment on Remita. Enter the ‘RRR’ and click on proceed.
- The next page will take in your biodata.
- Click on the submit button to complete your application.
- Pre-Degree Students are required to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the National minimum UTME cut-off mark as may be fixed by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Only candidates who are successful in the internal Pre-degree examinations conducted by the Directorate of Pre-Degree Programme and satisfy the UTME requirement would be considered for admission into 100 level of the full-time degree programmes in the University including MBBS, Law, Nursing Science, etc.
- All candidates seeking admission into the Pre-Degree Programme must note that admission into the various degree programmes is not automatic.
Deadline: April 30 2021.