FAQ: CAN I USE IJMB TO STUDY MAJOR COURSES LIKE MEDICINE AND LAW?; Every year when Student Village Academy puts up its advert for IJMB across social media platforms, we majorly focus on platforms like
Facebook Ad Network
There is always a particular question being asked by students who come across our IJMB advert. Now, this question comes alongside other questions that we will treat in future blog posts focused on IJMB frequently asked questions.
Can I Use IJMB To Study Medicine?
Does the University of Ilorin accept IJMB for Medicine or Law?
The answer to the above questions or any question similar to those above is simple… YES
Can I use IJMB to study medicine? – Answer, Yes
Does the University of Ilorin accept IJMB for Medicine or Law? – Answer, Yes.
I’m sure to an extent you have an idea of what IJMB is, even though I’ll re-explain what the IJMB program stands for, and how it works to put your mind at rest that the advert you saw online is not fake. (This doesn’t mean there are no scammers out there posing as accredited IJMB centres)
IJMB is an acronym for Interim Joint Matriculation Board, it is an Advanced level program ( A’level) owned by the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria that helps thousands of students who are seeking admission into Various Universities get that admission without JAMB.
IJMB students are enrolled on Intensive lectures for 9 academic months, after which they will write the Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE)
it is this result that will enable them to secure 200-level admission, through Direct Entry, without JAMB.
Simplified Method Of How IJMB Works – Read carefully to understand better.
- 1. Interested students buy the IJMB form, the IJMB form can be purchased online (here) but we advise them to come down to the school to see for themselves and buy the application form.
- 2. After buying the IJMB form, students are expected to resume immediately or within the month, lectures will be based on 3 core subjects relating to their course of choice. For instance, a student who wants to study medicine will be lectured in Chemistry, Physics and Biology, while a student who wants to use IJMB to study law will be lectured in Literature in English, Government & Religion.
- 3. These lectures will hold for 9 Months
- 4. Students can resume with part payment of their IJMB fees, this means they don’t have to make payments all at once before they resume, Student Village Academy has split IJMB fees into 3 instalments.
- 5. After 9 months, students will sit for their final IJMB examination called IJMBE, the examination is based on the 3 subjects they have received lectures on in the past.
- 6. Their result will be released, 4 – 7 weeks after the completion of their examination.
- 7. IJMB students will buy a direct entry form from JAMB and insert their IJMB result in the Direct Entry form and also fill in other details like the school they want to attend and the course they want to study.
- 8. Wait for your admission
- 9. Resume in your chosen university as a 200-level Student.
I hope this is clear enough. Don’t forget, you can use IJMB to study medicine, I’ve seen students who used it and they are in their final year. It just takes dedication and seriousness to achieve good results.