Q:

Eden Hazard Shocks Football World with Retirement at 32

Eden Hazard Shocks Football World with Retirement at 32

Former Chelsea and Real Madrid Forward Calls Time on His Illustrious Career

In a surprising turn of events, Belgian football sensation Eden Hazard has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 32. The decision, confirmed by the player himself, has sent shockwaves throughout the footballing community.

Hazard, who was once heralded as one of the brightest stars in the sport, enjoyed a stellar career that spanned over a decade. His journey took him from the enchanting streets of Lille to the grandeur of Chelsea and Real Madrid, where he etched his name into footballing history.

Hazard’s career took off at Lille OSC, where he quickly rose to prominence as one of Europe’s most exciting prospects. His remarkable dribbling skills, creativity, and ability to change the course of a game captured the attention of top European clubs.

Eden Hazard

In 2012, the Belgian wizard made a high-profile move to Chelsea FC, where he spent seven seasons. During his time at Stamford Bridge, Hazard secured numerous accolades, including two Premier League titles and the prestigious PFA Players’ Player of the Year award in the 2014-2015 season. His contributions to the club’s success and his unforgettable moments in the blue jersey endeared him to the Chelsea faithful.

In 2019, Hazard’s dream move to Real Madrid became a reality as he donned the iconic white kit of Los Blancos. Although his time at the Santiago Bernabéu was marred by persistent injuries, Hazard’s talent was undeniable. He played an integral role in helping Real Madrid clinch the La Liga title in the 2019-2020 season.

However, injuries took a toll on the winger’s career, limiting his playing time and preventing him from consistently showcasing his brilliance on the pitch. It is believed that these recurring setbacks may have played a significant role in his decision to retire prematurely.

“You must listen to yourself and stay stop at the right time,” he wrote on Instagram.

“After 16 years and more than 700 matches played, I have decided to end my career as a professional footballer.

“I was able to realise my dream, I have played and had fun on many pitches around the world.

“During my career, I was lucky to meet great managers, coaches and team-mates – thank you to everyone for these great times, I will miss you all.”

As the football world grapples with the news of Hazard’s retirement, tributes from fans, fellow players, and football personalities have flooded social media platforms. Many have celebrated his unforgettable moments and the joy he brought to the beautiful game.

Eden Hazard career honours

While Hazard’s retirement may have come earlier than expected, his impact on football will undoubtedly endure. As fans bid farewell to the Belgian maestro, they will forever cherish the memories of his dazzling runs, sublime goals, and the magic he brought to the sport.

The football fraternity now awaits further details from Hazard himself regarding the reasons behind his retirement and his plans for the future, whether they involve staying connected to the game in a different capacity or embarking on a new chapter entirely.

ENTERTAINMENT
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Communities?

New to Communities?

Ask a Question