Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

We are open to visit

Student Village Academy Forums TECH AND GADGETS Kano adolescent creates robot with exoskeleton remote control

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Student Village
      Keymaster

Kano adolescent creates robot with exoskeleton remote control

Isah Auwal-Barde, a 17-year-old boy from Kano State, invented a robot that works with a robotic exoskeleton remote control.

Isah Auwal-Barde with Robot

Isah Auwal-Barde, a 17-year-old boy from Kano State, invented a robot that works with a robotic exoskeleton remote control.

Exoskeleton remote control is a method of controlling a robot by demonstrating with parts of the operator’s body.

On Saturday, Master Auwal-Barde stated that he grew up with a strong desire to be creative.

In 2021, he graduated from Government Secondary School (GSS) Sabuwar-Kofa, Kano, with seven credits in science subjects from the West African Examination Council (WAEC).

“It took me two years to create the robot using local materials such as DC motors, copper wires, pipes, corrugated cardboard, and metal, among others, and the robot runs on electricity.” “I want to be a robotics engineer so that I can create robots that can be used to address the country’s security challenges,” the adolescent explained.

Master Auwal-Barde thanked his father for his assistance with his project.

“Right now, I’m hoping to get a scholarship to continue my education abroad and realize my dream of becoming a robotics engineer,” he said.

The teenager went on to say that his expertise in robotics engineering drew a delegation from the National Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (NCAIR) to pay him a visit.

The delegation, he claims, promised to get him into one of the indigenous universities to study computer engineering.

“I’ve been encouraging him and telling him that he’ll become a robotics engineer in the future,” his father said. “And whenever our electricity or electronics broke down, he was the one who fixed them.”

(NAN)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.