Q:

Lagos state police look into Tiwa Savage’s petition against Davido

The Lagos State Police Command has officially acknowledged the receipt of a petition from Nigerian singer and songwriter, Tiwa Savage, detailing alleged bullying and threats to her life by Grammy nominee, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

Responding to an inquiry by PUNCH Metro on Tuesday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed that an investigation has been initiated into the allegations, stating, “I can confirm to you that we have received the petition and investigation has commenced.”

In the circulating petition, Savage accuses Davido of using disrespectful language in response to a post featuring herself and the singer’s baby mama, Sophia Momodu, on Instagram. The singer expresses her disappointment at Davido’s threats and reminds him of her support during challenging times, especially when he lost his son, Ifeanyi.

She claims to have subsequently received calls from mutual connections, inquiring about her actions that might have upset Davido and questioning her relationship with Sophia.

The petition reads, “On the 23rd of December, I made a post which included myself and Sophia Momodu’s Instagram Story… MR. DAVID ADELEKE sent messages to my manager… that I shouldn’t worry and should never say a word to him and that I was taunting him, uttering very disrespectful, malicious, and derogatory words to my person.”

Savage alleges that Davido told their mutual connections to warn her about being careful in Lagos as he intended to harm her. She sees this as a form of harassment, violating her rights to life, privacy, and personal dignity.

The tension between the two artists surfaced on social media on January 6, 2024, when they both unfollowed each other on Instagram. The exact reason for this action remains uncertain, with speculations suggesting it could be related to the growing friendship between Savage and Sophia.

Prior to the petition, music executive Tee Billz had called out Davido for allegedly disrespecting his family, specifically accusing him of “bullying” Tiwa Savage, his ex-wife.

Efforts to reach Asa Asika, Davido’s manager, proved unsuccessful at the time of this report. The situation is developing, and further updates may follow.

MUSIC
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Communities?

New to Communities?

Ask a Question