Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

We are open to visit

Student Village Academy Forums ENTERTAINMENT Many feared dead, others injured as trailer rams into crowd at Calabar carnival.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Esther Amadi

Many feared dead, others injured as trailer rams into crowd at Calabar carnival.

On Tuesday, December 27, an automobile lost control and plowed into people at a carnival in Calabar, Cross-River state, killing at least 10 people.

It was learned that more than 20 more people also suffered injuries of varying severity.

Balarabe Sule, the state’s commissioner of police, confirmed the incident in a conversation with reporters “At this time, I am unable to confirm the precise death toll, but I can say that more than 20 people have been hurt. I personally assisted in the evacuation of several corpses and many injured people to three clinics in Calabar “.

According to Dailypost, the incident took place on Mary Slessor road, one of the carnival circuits, at around 4 o’clock.

The power bike and exotic automobile parade was scheduled for today, however it started later than expected. According to witnesses, the automobile that went out of control was not one of the carnival cars.

“We witnessed the truck slam into the mass of onlookers, hawkers, and Bogobiri locals as it was approaching from the opposite direction of the carnival procession. Up to ten passengers may have perished, according to estimates “a witness reported.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.