Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

We are open to visit

Student Village Academy Forums GENERAL DISCUSSIONS Shettima to Peter Obi: You Can Only Become President in Igboland, Nigeria Too Big

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      justseyi
      Keymaster

Shettima to Peter Obi: You Can Only Become President in Igboland, Nigeria Too Big 

The ruling party just keeps fiddling with national security as far as I’m concerned. I may not be familiar with many security protocols but a Muslim – Muslim ticket in a country that had Deborah killed over insisting that a WhatsApp group shouldn’t be a prayer group is a recipe for destruction.

But APC hasn’t stopped there, Shettima has come out to say his on bit, are we jokes to these politicians?

The All Progressives Party vice-presidential candidate for the 2023 elections, Kashim Shettima, has said Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, can only become a President in Igboland, “but definitely not in Nigeria (because) Nigeria is too big for him to handle.” (Am I the only one that sees this statement as a threat?)

Shettima, speaking on a television programme on Friday said: “The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi has no political base and structure to win the next election in 2023. As far as I am concerned, he’s politically structureless with little or no experience to lead this country.

“Nigeria requires a technocrat and a sound administrator who will continue from where President Muhammadu Buhari stopped, not someone who will come to take us back to the era of PDP. Nigerians don’t want that.

Our candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the right person needed for this position in a time like this. He’s a unifier, an administrator, a technocrat, name it. That is why Nigerians both old and young are rallying round him to ensure that he wins the forthcoming election.

Presidential position is not for the unprepared neither is it an all comers’ affair. Peter Obi can only become a President in Igboland but definitely not in Nigeria. Nigeria is too big for him to handle. He has no leadership ideology nor experiences like President Muhammadu and our incoming President in the person of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.”

Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.