Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:00

We are open to visit

Student Village Academy Forums ENTERTAINMENT Sports – Usain Bolt To Make Old Trafford Debut In June

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      TheOtherSide
      Participant

Superstar sprinter Usain Bolt has announced that he will make his football debut at Old Trafford in June.

The Manchester United fan and world record holder in 100m and 200m will appear in a charity match along with other celebrities and former footballers.

Bolt, 31, will captain a team of international celebrities for the Soccer Aid match on 10 June.

“It’s my dream to make it as a professional footballer. To play against some of football’s biggest legends is going to be remarkable,” the Jamaican multiple Olympic and world champion, who is regarded as the best sprinter in history, told the BBC.

Singer Robbie Williams will captain rivals England for the UNICEF charity match.

Bolt, who retired from track and field last year, has often said he would love to play football professionally.

He has trained with South African Premier League leaders Mamelodi Sundowns and even cheekily tweeted on Sunday that he was going to announce the new club he would be playing for.

“I’ve signed for a football team! Find out which one this Tuesday at 8am GMT
      ????
      ,” Bolt had tweeted.

Sundowns, who won the CAF Champions League in 2016, mischievously made a follow-up tweet, sparking speculation that Bolt would be joining them.

“Football will never be the same. Find out tomorrow 8am GMT!
      ????
      ????
      #Sundowns,” the club tweeted on Monday along with a photo of Bolt in their training gear.

“Robbie and his England team better watch out as I won’t be going easy on them,” said Usain, adding that he’s got a “special celebration” planned should his team win.

Bolt once even made a surprise call to MUTV, United’s TV channel.

Soccer Aid has raised £24 million to help children since its launch in 2006, according to the BBC.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.completesportsnigeria.com/usain-bolt-make-old-trafford-debut-june/amp/

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.