Free English for Business and Entrepreneurship Online Course; The University of Pennsylvania is providing a free online English for Business and Entrepreneurship course. This course is for non-native English speakers who want to learn more about the global business economy.
This course will teach you the topics and language required to succeed in an international workplace. Completely online: Begin right away and learn at your own pace.
Course At Glance
- Length: 5 weeks of study
- Effort: 2-4 hours/week
- Subject: English
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania and Coursera
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Ongoing
The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) is a private university, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. A member of the Ivy League, Penn is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and considers itself to be the first university in the United States with both undergraduate and graduate studies.
About This Course
Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course developed by the University of Pennsylvania and supported by the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
This course will teach you the topics and language required to succeed in an international workplace. You will learn about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues while exploring business English through authentic readings and video lectures.
- Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities.
- In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, and why these plans are important and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan.
- In the final unit of the course, we will present the basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan.
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy.
- Amy Nichols, Manager of International Research and Program Development, English Language Programs
- James Riedel, Executive Director, English Language Programs
How To Join This Course
To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select “Full Course. No certificate.”