Applications are invited from female students from developing countries for the 2019 Hatfield Lioness Scholarship, to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The deadline for submission of applications is 30th April, 2019.
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Eligibility.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2019
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies
- Applicants must be a national of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Applicants should:
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship provides
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses
- Return travel from your home country to Durham
- Self-catered accommodation in Hatfield College
- A ‘settling in allowance’ when you arrive
- The cost of a UK Visa and the UK Health surcharge
How to Apply for Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form
Application deadline: 30th April 2019
When candidates will hear the outcome of their application: Mid-July 2019.