Applications are invited from experts in HIV service delivery for the 2019 IAS Educational Fund / Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme. The deadline for submission of applications is March 1, 2019.
The Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme, an initiative of the IAS Educational Fund, is aimed at contributing to improving the quality of HIV service delivery in resource-limited settings by providing two-year fellowships to five clinicians from sub-Saharan Africa, who will spend one year in Europe and one year in Africa at clinical institutions.
The programme will offer in-depth training for clinicians committed to careers in HIV clinical service delivery in sub-Saharan Africa with the aim of strengthening access to high-quality services for sub-Saharan Africa populations, with a client-centred service delivery approach.
Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- Applicants must have a terminal research degree as a medical doctor (or equivalent);
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience;
- Currently working in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Commitment to become a specialist in HIV;
- English, French or Portuguese speaking.
Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme Benefits.
- Fellows will receive a living allowance for the duration of the Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme. Applicants should ensure they are financially able to enrol in the 2-year programme before accepting the fellowship.
How to Apply for Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme.
Please have a scanned copy of your terminal research degree and letter of support from your institution ready to upload at the time of application.
The deadline for applications is 1 March 2019, 23:59 CET. Applications not submitted through the online system will not be accepted.