Entries are invited from talented high school and university students for the 2019 International Youth Math Challenge. The deadline for submission of entries is 29th September, 2019.
The Qualification Round 2019 of the International Youth Math Challenge has opened for submissions. Use your math skills and your creativity to qualify for the global final round to win great prizes and certificates!
The IYMC is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. You can win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, qualify for the final round, become an official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join an international network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today.
International Youth Math Challenge Eligibility.
- In order to participate in IYMC you have to be a high-school or university student. Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative. You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
International Youth Math Challenge Process and Rounds.
The IYMC 2019 takes place in three rounds:
- Qualification Round: The qualification round consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 29. September 2019. All participants receive certificates.
- Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 10 problems of three types: 4x basic problems, 4x, advanced problems, 2x special-creativity problems.
- Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by a supervisor. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
International Youth Math Challenge Benefits and Prizes.
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honors:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- Special Region Awards:
- Best Participant from Europa
- Best Participant from Greater Middle East
- Best Participant from Africa
- Best Participant from South Asia
- Best Participant from (South)East Asia
- Best Participant from America
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education. Because of that, we award three school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school:
- IYMC School Award for Most Participants:For the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- IYMC School Award for Most Finalists:For the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
- IYMC School Award for Excellence:For the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education.
Besides that, the IYMC offers following benefits:
- Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.
How to Submit Entries for International Youth Math Challenge.
Please submit your solution to the qualification round via the official submission form. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file (e.g. you can use ImgToPDF).
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. We do notaccept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF: PDF-Converter
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
After you have submitted your solution via the submission form, you can log into your status page (here). This status page allows you to …
- check your status and to check your uploaded solutions.
- view your results and performance reports of each round.
- download/access all your certificates.
- upload solutions for the pre-final round.
- view your personal information and more.
Important Note: Emails do not always arrive properly (e.g. spam folder). Always check your status page in all rounds. We will post your results, certificates, and important information via your status page!
Deadline: 29th September, 2019.