Jack Ma Foundation is now accepting applications from entrepreneurs who are nationals from any of the 54 African countries for its 2019 Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI). The deadline for submission of applications for the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize is 30th June, 2019.
The application process for the Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI) is officially open to African entrepreneurs from all countries, sectors and age groups. The ANPI is a prize competition founded by the Jack Ma Foundation that will award US$10 million and recognize 100 African entrepreneurs over the next 10 years.
Alibaba Group Executive Chairman Jack Ma first created the prize after he made his first trip to Africa in July 2017 and was inspired by the energy and entrepreneurial potential of the young people he met. The Prize is open to entrepreneurs from all industries, and Ma especially encouraged those running small businesses, those making a difference in their local communities and female entrepreneurs to apply.
The Prize aims to support and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs who are building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future. Every year, 10 finalists will be selected to compete in a finale pitch competition that will be broadcast across the continent. All ten finalists will gain access to the Netpreneur community of African business leaders to leverage the community’s shared expertise, best practice and resources.
Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative Eligibility.
- Open to entrepreneurs who are nationals from any of the 54 African countries
- Entrepreneurs of any age, gender, and sector are encouraged to apply.
- Open to all industry sectors
- Strongly encourage young people and female entrepreneurs to apply
Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative Benefits.
- The Prize will host a grand finale pitch competition in Africa where ten finalists from across the continent will compete for a share of US$1 million in total grant prize money.
- Make it to the grand finale and you’ll have your shot to pitch your story to Jack and the rest of the judges.
How to Apply for Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Applications Launch: 27th March 2019
- Deadline for applications: 30th June 2019
- Announcement of the top 50 regional finalists: August 2019
- Announcement of the final 10 finalists: October 2019
- Grand Finale pitch event: November 2019