JAMB’s list of prohibited items in the exam hall and instructions on biometric verification; Candidates should be aware that certain objects are prohibited from being brought into the exam room as we prepare for the 2023 JAMB CBT mock and main exams.
This, according to JAMB, is done to guarantee that the Board’s exams adhere to the finest practices around the world. Applicants would not be permitted to take the UTME if they brought any of these items into the testing center.
Candidates are hereby required to properly examine the list and take note of the prohibited items, in order to avoid complications during the UTME exercise.
Below is the complete list of Prohibited Items listed by JAMB
- Mobile Phones or Similar Electronic Devices
- Spy Reading Glasses Which Should be Scrutinized
- Calculators or Similar Electronic Devices
- USB, CD, Hard Disk, and or Similar Storage Devices
- Books and Any Reading/Writing Material
- Ear Pieces
- Ink/Pen Readers
- Smart Lenses
- Smart Rings/Jewelry
- Smart Buttons
- Bluetooth Devices
- Key Holders
- ATM Cards
Also, where an examination official (board staff or ad hoc staff) or any authorized person is found with any of these prohibited items in the examination hall, such compromising action would be treated as a deliberate act of examination sabotage and necessary sanction will be applied.
Instructions on Biometric Verification
1. Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination center. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
2. No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the center before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
3. There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
4. Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
5. All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules, and regulations on the examination.