LASU Releases 2022/2023 Post-UTME Admission Form; Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2022/2023 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular Students), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and DIRECT Entry. This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for entry into Lagos State University. The Tuition Fee for the Regular programme is Fifty-Seven Thousand, Forty-Eight Naira, Fifty Kobo (N57,048:50) only, per Academic Session.
HAVE YOU USED OUR JAMB TOOL YET? IT PROVIDES YOUR JAMB COMBINATION FOR FREE
For applicants seeking admission via the UTME, applications are being accepted from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2022/2023 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular students with Entrepreneurship) (100 level ONLY). Admission into the B.Sc./B.A./B.Ed./B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) WITH CERTIFICATES IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME of the Lagos State University requires completion of this ONLINE screening process. One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150,000:00) is the only tuition fee for a regular student enrolled in the Entrepreneurship Program.
Candidates should be aware that they can only submit an application for Option A or Option B during the admissions screening. Candidates SHOULD NOT THEREFORE SCREEN FOR BOTH A AND B.
2.0 ELIGIBILITY FOR SCREENING
Candidates who selected Lagos State University as their top choice of institution in the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and who received a minimum score of 185 are eligible to take part in the online admission screening exercise. Candidates must also be at least 16 years old by October 1st, 2022. LASU Releases 2022/2023 Post-UTME Admission Form
ii. ALL Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their coursework and wish to be considered for admission to Lagos State University in the 2022–2023 Academic Session must have made Lagos State University their first choice of institution in the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have received a minimum score of 185 in order to be eligible to take part in the online admission screening exercise.
iii. ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who want to be considered for admission to Lagos State University for the 2022–2023 academic session, must have obtained a Direct Entry Form from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), and they must have selected Lagos State University as their First Choice of Institution. They must also be eligible and submit an application for the screening process (ONLY LASU DIPLOMA is acceptable for Direct Entry (DE) Admission).
iv. In the Online Admission Screening Exercise, candidates of Lagos State Origin for the 100 and 200 level courses who have established their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) established by the Lagos State University will have their claims automatically validated.
3.0 (A) LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular students)
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2022/2023 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
FACULTY & DEPARTMENT
– Christian Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Islamic Studies
– Peace Studies
– Portuguese / English
– Theatre Arts
– Arabic Education
– Biology Education
– Business Education
– Chemistry Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Computer Science Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Economics Education
– Educational Management
– English Education
– French Education
– Geography Education
– Guidance & Counselling
– Health Education
– History Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Physics Education
– Political Science Education
– Technology & Vocational Education
– Yoruba Education
– Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
– Common/Civil Law
– Common/Islamic Law
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
– Local Government Development & Administration
– Management Technology
– Public Administration
– Computer Science
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
7. SOCIAL SCIENCES
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
– Medicine & Surgery
9. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
10. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
– Mass Communication
11. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
– Transport Management & Operations
(B) LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular students with Entrepreneurship Training)
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available in the SPECIAL PROGRAMME for the 2022/2023 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can apply for ANY of the courses listed in A above except all courses in the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.
(C) DIRECT ENTRY AND JUPEB
Each copy of the online Admission Screening Report and the notification of the Diploma (LASU Diploma)/NCE Result must be submitted right away by all Direct Entry/JUPEB candidates to the Admission Annex/Liaison Office (Room 7, Administrative Block II).
LIST OF ENTREPRENEURIAL CERTIFICATE COURSES OFFERED
Along with the B.Sc., B.A., B.Ed., B.Sc (Ed), and B.A. (Ed) courses mentioned in item B above, certificates will also be given for the following entrepreneurial courses taken by regular students enrolled in the program for entrepreneurship.
1. Animal Husbandry (Snail Rearing)
2. Water Treatment and Packaging
3. Crop Production and Processing
4. Fish Farming
5. Draughtmanship and Building Drawing
6. Tailoring and Fashion Design
7. Digital Marketing
8. Cake Making
10. Finger Foods/Small Chops & Cocktail
11. Paint Making
12. Leather Making and Shoe Making
13. Writing and Publishing
14. Courier and Logistics Management
15. Domestic and Industrial Electrical Wiring
16. Furniture and Carpentry
17. Printing Services
18. Pet Business
19. Generator Repairs
20. Website Design
22. Bead Making
23. Event Planning
24. Welding, Metal Works & Fabrication
25. Make-up and Cosmetics
26. Hair Dressing/Hair Making and Barbing Salon
27. Interior Design & Decoration
28. Motor Vehicle Repairs
29. Soap, Detergent & Toiletries Production
30. Organic Soap Production
31. CCTV and Inverter Installation
32. Mobile Application Development
35. Hotel Management
36. Solar Energy System Installation
37. Yoghurt Production
4.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
2022/2023 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
1. Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng
2. Point to Student, then click on New Applicants
3. Click on UTME/DE Screening (screening.lasu.edu.ng)
4. Kindly Enter your
UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER,
SURNAME, then Click on PROCEED
5. On the new page, enter your
PARENT’S GSM NUMBER,
CLICK ON SUBMIT
6. On the new page, click on
Make Payment for LASU Post UTME Screening
Select Regular student Or Regular student with Entrepreneurship TAB.
Candidate’s Name and the Sum of N2,000.
Click on Make Payment to effect the payment
(On PAYTECH Platform).
7. Once the payment is SUCCESSFUL, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and click on LOG IN to view your SCREENING PIN (PIN 1, PIN 2, PIN 3 etc., depending on the payment platform)
8. Once you have the registration PIN, proceed to lidc.lasu.edu.ng
9. Click on ADMISSION SCREENING
10. Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOG IN
11. Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER and your SURNAME, then click on PROCEED. Then click “Start
Admission Screening” button.
12. At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from “Type of Screening”, then enter/purchase the LASU POST UTME SCREENING PIN to continue with the filling of the Self-Screening form.
13. Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that all Screened Candidates must log in into their Admission Screening Portal to print their Final Self-Screening Report.
14. Candidate can repeat the above procedure if there is need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate will be required to visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and make payment for PIN 2, PIN 3, PIN 4 etc. The subsequent PINs other than PIN 1 can be used for data correction.
B. ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2022/2023 Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and Click LOG IN button to print your SCREENING PIN.
Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to log in to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening, enter your SCREENING PIN obtained in Step I to continue.
Carefully fill in your personal details as required
Save and proceed
Carefully enter your UTME details
Scan and Upload UTME result slip [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
Save and proceed
Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
Save and proceed
Input required O’ Level details
Save and proceed
• Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY one (1) sitting.
• Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one (1) other Science subject and any other subject.
• Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
• Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
• Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise
• Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before they can proceed with the Online Screening.
• Note that any examination taken after July 2022 is not ACCEPTABLE.
Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
By ticking the “I Certify” button, the candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
Click the continue button
After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING GRADING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
• The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to candidate’s choice of course
• The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2022 JAMB brochure available online at www.jamb.gov.ng or http://ibass.jamb.gov.ng/ebrochure.html
• Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening
• The Point grading system is as follows:
OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A2 (B2) 9
A3 (B3) 8
TOTAL OBTAINABLE 50 %
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for Twenty-Five  days i.e., Tuesday, 4th – Friday, 28th October, 2022/ (12 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to email@example.com .
Emmanuel A. FANU
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL