Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill University in Canada for the 2019/2020 academic year. The deadline for submission of applications is 4th February, 2019.
McGill University and the Mastercard Foundation are pleased to offer full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2019 Nomination Form.pdf);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries below);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
- Application Period Begins : September 15, 2018
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply and the Mastercard Scholars
- Program application documents in uApply: Your choice program’s deadline (no later than February 4th)
- Deadline to submit Supporting Documents (including transcripts, reference letters, resumes, etc.): February 4, 2019
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Selection Committee begins to make scholarship offers: March 14, 2019
For further questions about the application and admission process please contact MCFemail@example.com.
Share This Post On: