Niger Delta University one year basic programme is designed to improve the performance of Secondary School Leavers in the UTME and equivalent examinations. It should be noted that preference will be given to candidates of the programme in the University Admission process.
NDU Basic Studies Admission Requirements & Duration.
- Applicants must have five ‘O’ level credits relevant to the proposed course of study including the English Language.
- Admission is open to candidates that are awaiting the release of the most recent WAEC and NECO School Certificate Examination results as well as those who have attempted and are still preparing to sit for these exams again. However, admission to Degree Programmes in the University will also depend on the candidate’s performance in the current JAMB.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: One Academic Year (2020/2021). Further details concerning fees payable per year and the programme structure, including the schedule of course per year can be obtained from the NDU website.
NDU Basic Studies – Available Courses.
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- Department of Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
- Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
- Department of Animal Science
- FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Department of English and Literary Studies
- Department of History and Diplomacy
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious Studies
- FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
- Department of Arts Educational
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Science Education
- Department of Educational Foundations
- Department of Vocational/Industrial Technology
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
- Department of Agricultural/Environmental Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- FACULTY OF LAW:
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Department of Finance & Accountancy:
- Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Office Information Management
- FACULTY OF NURSING:
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY:
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Mathematics/Computer Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography/Environmental Management
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
In addition, this programme also prepares Senior Secondary School (SS III) students and other school leavers for the NECO and WAEC Examination.
How to Apply for NDU Basic Studies Admission Form.
Registration is online on our website at www.ndu.edu.ng or at www.ndu.ac starting from Friday, July 10 – Friday, October 30, 2020. The Registration Process is as follows:
- Go to any Access/Diamond Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Pay a fee of five thousand nairas (N5,000.00) only to Account Number 0016405919 and obtain a Teller-Duplicate. The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges.
- Proceed to the School of Pre-Degree and Basic Studies, ICT Building at the New Site and obtain the admission application form at the Basic Studies Unit for your further processes.
Closing date for the submission of Forms is 30th October 2020.