Samsung is now accepting entries from designers or teams all over the world for its 2019 Mobile Design Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the Samsung Mobile Design Competition is 4th August, 2019.
The Samsung Mobile Design Competition is a global contest that challenges contestants to come up with innovative new ways for Galaxy mobile devices to be used in the future.
Samsung is looking for fresh perspectives and ideas for how Samsung Galaxy devices could be used in the future. This is part of Samsung’s wider strategy of incorporating user feedback and open collaboration with a wide variety of different designers to inform the future development of its products.
For the Next Mobile + category, contestants must design a new accessory for a Samsung Galaxy device – whether that is for a smartphone, tablet or a wearable device like a smartwatch or earbuds. The judges will be looking for innovative accessory designs that provide interesting new interactive functionality or features, which create a new experience for the user.
For the Next Mobile Wallpaper Paradigm category, contestants are free to design a new wallpaper for a Galaxy mobile device or devices, whether static, animated or live. The judges will be looking for designs that suggest new possibilities for future mobile devices, such as interactive wallpapers that respond to the user’s touch and movement, or generative designs that transform depending on the user’s data or situation.
Samsung Mobile Design Competition Eligibility.
- It is free to enter the competition. Entries from designers or teams will be accepted, and entrants are free to enter one or both of the categories;
- All entrants must be over 18, professional designers or design students, and able to present their work to a panel of English-speaking judges;
- Entrants will need to be available to travel to the UK from September 24 to 26, 2019 to present their concept to the jury in London. In addition, the top three will also be invited to the Samsung Developer Conference in San Jose, USA, from October 28 to 31, 2019 for the award ceremony and exhibition of the designs;
- If contestants enter as a team, they will be asked to select a single representative to attend the judging and awards ceremony.
Samsung Mobile Design Competition Prizes.
- The competition has total prize money of $40,000. In each category, the winner will receive a top prize of $10,000, the runner up will receive $5,000 and third place will receive $3,000. The fourth- and fifth-placed entrants in each category will receive $1,000 each.
How to Enter Samsung Mobile Design Competition.
Contestants will need to submit their entry online and include the information listed in the guidelines below.
The entry requirements are different for each category, so please read the submission guidelines carefully.
Please note – the top five finalists in each category will be required to make a short video presenting their idea and documenting the making process for Samsung’s promotional material for the contest. This video is not a part of the evaluation criteria, and entrants do not need to submit this video when they enter the competition. But contestants should be prepared to make the video if they are selected as a finalist.
Please also make sure you carefully read the terms and conditions before entering.
All entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 4 August 2019.