Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified indigenes of Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States for its Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship to study in Imperial College London, University of Abeerdeen and University of Leeds. The deadline for submission of applications for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship June 15, 2019.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to announce the eight annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States.The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In the eight years of this programme, 79 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2019, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Courses.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||
|University of Abeerdeen||
|University of Leeds||
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant
How to Apply for Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen,following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than June 15, 2019.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.