About this scholarship
Established in 2018 the Community Engagement Scholarship is a two-year program that recognises and rewards students who demonstrate a commitment to ongoing development of their knowledge and skills in community engagement.
Community Engagement Scholars take on a large commitment during the two years of the program. Refer to ‘Ongoing Requirements’ below.
Scholars are provided with:
- a work space and access to a computer in the ACU Engagement office
- an ACU Engagement mentor throughout their participation in the program
- access to all ACU Engagement seminars, workshops and other community engagement learning opportunities
- the opportunity to give a presentation on their learnings to our community partners and senior ACU Staff at the end-of-year seminar
- Open: Monday, 20 August 2018
- Close: Friday, 21 September 2018
- The scholarship has a total value of $10,000, being $5,000 per annum, to be paid in $2,500 instalments each semester over two years.
- There are two scholarships available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the scholarship application closing date.
- Citizenship: Domestic and international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: Second year or above
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 5.0 (on the ACU seven point scale).
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- How do you engage with your community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- Written reference in support of your community engagement activities (from an academic or community engagement leader)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of community service
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by selection committee comprised of ACU’s Vice-President, Pro Vice Chancellor Engagement and a Community partner representative.
To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Remain enrolled in course identified at the time of application
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0
- Participate in a minimum of 100 hours of community engagement practicum per year with ACU Engagement (may include internally-focused engagement activities)
- Participate in a minimum of 100 hours of approved community engagement activity per year with community partners of ACU Engagement
- Attend quarterly workshops focused on topics related to community engagement run by ACU Engagement
- Maintain an electronic portfolio that displays their progress and achievements throughout their time in the CES Program
- Maintain regular contact with their ACU Engagement mentor
Click this link to apply http://webapps.acu.edu.au/scholarship/index.php?sbid=1691673
Applications close on 21 September 2018