Western Sydney University in Australia invites interested students for the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree (does not apply to the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery).
Worth of Award
Fifty percent of tuition fees per annum up to a maximum three year.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
1. Be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500)
commence a new course of study in 2019.
2. Have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University.
3. Have met all admission requirements and accepted admission offer by acceptance deadline.
4. Has met the academic requirement for scholarship as listed below.
5. Had achieved a minimum ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) 90 or equivalent in higher secondary studies.
6. Not be granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
*Are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
*Are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
*Are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study.
* Do not accept the scholarship by the deadline.
* Are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus.
* Have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Application and Selection Process
Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University. No separate scholarship application will be required.
Finalists will be notified via email by the University and will be requested to provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 30TH OCTOBER, 2018.
Click the link below for more information and application:
Since you’re here…
… we have a small favour to ask. More people/Students are reading StudentVillage than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our blog information as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Student Village reportage takes a lot of money and procedures. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
Student Village editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda. Our journalism is free from commercial bias and not influenced by billionaire owners, politicians or shareholders. No one edits our Editor. No one steers our opinion. This is important because it enables us to give a powerful and necessary information to students out there .
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as N100, you can support student village – and it only takes a minute. As your contribution provides us with a dependable source of funding. Thank you.
Use the link below to make a donation