TWAS – International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) is now accepting applications from nationals of developing countries for its 2019 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme. The deadline for submission of applications for theTWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme is July 15, 2019.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Details.
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship.
- The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the year of application,
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 July 2019.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.