UNIJOS revised undergraduate school charges and extension of payment deadline; The University of Jos hereby notifies its students, parents, and the general public of the approved revision in the School Charges structure for Undergraduate Students for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
This adjustment comes in the wake of discussions held between the University Administration and the expanded Students Union Government Executives.
UNIJOS revised undergraduate school charges and extension of payment deadline
Here are some of the key changes resulting from this interaction:
1. Charges for Returning Students who are not offering GST courses have been reduced from N150,000.00 to N95,000.00, and N100,000.00 will be paid by Returning Students offering GST courses.
2. Fresh Students will now pay N130,000.00, reduced from the initial charge of N180,000.00.
3. Laboratory/Studio/Workshop charges are now set at N25,000.00 for Students who exclusively use these facilities, down from N30,000.00.
4. The University Administration has introduced Instalment payments as follows:
|1.||Returning Students (Without GST/ Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 105,000.00|
|2.||Returning Students (With GST, without Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 110,000.00|
|3.||Returning Students (Without GST, with Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 130,000.00|
|4.||Returning Students (With GST/Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 135,000.00|
|5.||New Students (With GST and Without Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 140,000.00|
|6.||New Students (With GST/Lab/Studio/Workshop)||First Installment Second Installment||TOTAL 165,000.00|
5. Two percent (2%) of the amount payable by all Students will be dedicated to assisting indigent Students, with 50% being allocated for scholarships for indigent Students and the remaining 50% for the expansion of the University’s Work-Study programme.
6. Spilled-over Students (those with one Semester left to complete their studies) will be required to pay only 50% of the reviewed charges.
7. The registration deadline has been extended by an additional 2 weeks, with the new deadline set for October 8, 2023.
8. Two student leaders, the SUG President and 1 nominee of the Hall Governors, will serve as members of the Hostels Maintenance Committee.
The University Administration urges all Students and Parents to take note of these revised charges and adhere to the new payment and registration guidelines. It’s important to mention that 1st Semester lectures for the 2022/2023 Academic Session have already commenced.
Additionally, the Naraguta, Zion, and Postgraduate hostels will reopen on Friday, September 22, 2023, for Students interested in on-campus accommodation. However, Abuja and Village hostels will remain closed until minor repairs are completed.
The University of Jos remains committed to providing an excellent learning experience and supporting its Students in achieving their academic and career goals. The University Administration is dedicated to transparency and accountability in managing the institution’s resources while strengthening partnerships with Students and other stakeholders.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the Registrar at the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Headquarters Office, Plot 713, Cadastral Zone, Life Camp, Abuja.
We extend our best wishes to all Students and Parents, and we look forward to a successful academic session at the University of Jos.