UNILORIN Releases 2023/2024 Pre-Degree Admission Form; Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the School of Preliminary Studies’ (SPS) Programme for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Successful SPS candidates who meet the minimum UTME cut-off point approved by the University upon passing the school’s examinations at the end of the programme will be considered for admission into degree programmes based on performance and quota for each programme.
UNILORIN Releases 2023/2024 Pre-Degree Admission Form
Top ten (10) students in Sciences, Arts, and Commercial fields in the SPS final examinations, who also fulfill the University entry requirements, are eligible for admission into all University courses except MBBS and Law. Additionally, candidates can apply for the under-listed courses offered by the SPS.
- B. Aquaculture and Fisheries
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics
- B.Sc. Architecture
- B. Agric
- B.A. (Ed.) Christian Studies
- B.Sc. Estate Management
- B. Forestry and Wildlife
- B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies
- B.Sc. Quantity Surveying
- B.Sc. Food Science
- B.A. (Ed.) French
- B.Sc. Surveying & Geo-informatics
- B.Sc. Home Economics
- B.A. (Ed.) History
- B.Sc. Urban & Regional Planning
- B.A. History & International Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Yoruba
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.A. Christian Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. Geology & Mineral Science
- B.A. Islamic Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- B.A. Comparative Religious Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.A. French
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Technology Education
- B.Sc. Statistics
- B.A. Performing Arts
- B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.A. Yoruba
- B.Eng. Food Science and Technology
- B.Sc. Geography & Environmental Management
- B.A. Hausa
- B.Eng. Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
- B.Sc. Sociology
- B.A. Igbo
- B.Eng. Agric & Biosystems Engineering
- B.Sc. Criminology & Security Studies
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Eng. Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. Social Work
- B.Sc. Plant Biology
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- B.Sc. Psychology
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Eng. Electrical Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Eng. Water Resources & Environmental Engineering
Category 1: Arts and Arts Education:
- Candidates must have at least three (3) O’ Level subjects with credit grades.
- Biology is required for Psychology, and candidates must sit for Biology at UTME.
- Other Social Sciences courses require English, Economics, Government, and Geography/Commerce.
Duration of Programme:
The programme spans one academic session.
The programme is open primarily to applicants from the University’s Catchment States (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, and Zamfara). Applicants from other states are also considered.
- Applicants with credit pass in a minimum of three (3) O’ Level subjects may apply; however, they must pass the deficient subjects before admission.
- Engineering applicants must have credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics at O’level and sit for those subjects in UTME.
- All candidates must write the 2024 UTME and achieve the minimum cutoff point.
- Admission consideration is based on performance and program quota.
- Students who pass the programme exams but do not meet the University’s UTME cutoff point can use their Remedial results the following year, provided the new cutoff point is met.
- The programme is residential.
Venue of Programme:
The programme takes place at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
Method of Application:
Visit the University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2023/2024 Remedial Application. Fill out the form online and pay the application fee of N15,000.00 via Inter-switch enabled ATM card (Master or Verve card).
Note: Successful candidates will need to present the Local Government Confirmation Form endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of their local Government Area during registration.
Classes begin on Monday, 23rd October 2023.
Mr. M. A. Alfanla
Thanks for reading: UNILORIN Releases 2023/2024 Pre-Degree Admission Form