UNIPORT Centre for Gas Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals Admission Form for 2022/2023| M.Sc & PGD; The admission form is out and currently open to the general public to register.
What Is The gas Petroleum Refining Program About?
The Centre for Gas, Refining, and Petrochemicals (CGRP) is one of the NUC-Accredited Centres of Excellence in the Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS), University of Port Harcourt. The Centre runs a Professional M.Sc. Program in Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Processing. Our Post-Graduate program is industry-driven and the curriculum is drawn to impart entrepreneurial skills to our graduates. Twenty percent (20%) of the lectures are taught by industry professionals with cognate experience and qualifications; sixty percent (60%) by the University of Port Harcourt, and twenty percent (20%) by collaborating university Professors nationwide in the relevant specializations.
The aim of this Professional Gas, Refining and Petrochemical Engineering Master’s and PGD Degree Programmes is to provide graduates with broad-based training required for sound refining and processing of crude oil and natural gas. The programs will produce competent and industry-ready Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Processing graduates that will be fully prepared to work in the oil and gas industry at local and international levels. The students will be taught jointly by Lecturers from Nigerian Universities, Professors from oversea countries, as well as experts from the petroleum industry within and outside Nigeria. The programs will be executed under five modules, namely: General, Refining, Gas & Petrochemicals, Modeling & Design, and Project Modules which is culminated by an MSc dissertation and a PGD project.
On completion of this Programmes, the Graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Understand different energy types and the role of fossil fuels in the global energy mix
- Grasp hydrocarbon chemistry and sequence of crude oil processing operations, including crude oil distillation, refinery equipment, and flow sheet.
- Work on systems of energy recovery networks for refinery and petrochemicals, including monitoring tools
- Learn about the petrochemical and natural gas industry and processes, including economic and contractual aspects of the natural gas industry
- Understand major polymer types, plastics, additives, and modifiers
- Appreciate conversion processes, including catalytic reforming, and the effect of catalysis on reaction rates.
- Work on heat exchangers and their design systems.
- Understand reaction systems, including process flow and control, corrosion, and maintenance of equipment.
- Practice process modeling and simulation of refinery/petrochemical systems
- Understand key goal settings in project management, process system optimization, energy economic and supply chain management, entrepreneurship, and some business theories and models.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Hon. Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Petrochemical, Gas Engineering or related courses, Industry/Company workers with 3 years cognate experience who possess a 2nd Class (Lower Division) Hon. A Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of 2.4 and above in any related Engineering discipline will be admitted. For the PGD, candidates with a CGPA of 1.5 and above will be admitted.
- All candidates must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and also satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the Post Graduate programs of the University of Port Harcourt.
- The duration of the program shall be for 12 calendar months of intensive full-time study. Industry/Company workers can equally attend modular/sandwich programs and accumulate credits.
AWARD OF DEGREE
- Successful students at the end of the program shall receive an M.Sc. and a PGD degree Certificates in Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Engineering respectively from the University of Port Harcourt.
A non-refundable Application Fee of twenty thousand naira (=N= 20, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Centre for Gas, Refining & Petrochemicals, University of Port Harcourt, Payment can also be made online via http://www.cgrpng.org/payments. The application Form can be obtained online from www.cgrpng.org. The Form should be completed and submitted online. A hard copy of the completed Form along with the Bank Draft should also be submitted in person or via courier to The Ag. Director, Centre for Gas, Refining & Petrochemical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt.
Thanks for reading UNIPORT Centre for Gas Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals Admission Form for 2022/2023| M.Sc & PGD