UNN postgraduate form is out. The supplementary application for admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) various postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session is now on sale.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) full-time, part-time and sandwich postgraduate programmes in various Faculties, Institutes and Centres for the 2018/2019 academic year.
UNN Postgraduate Programmes (Supplementary Admission).
A. FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
M.Sc. and MD. programmes
- Department of Medicine
M.D. and M.Sc. degree programmes in the following areas: Cardiology; Nephrology; Neurology; Endocrinology; Gastroenterology; Respiratory Medicine (Pulmonology); Rheumatology; Infectious Diseases; Clinical Pharmacology/ Therapeutics; Dermatology.
- INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH
The Institute of Public Health offers M.Sc., DrPH and PhD. programmes in the following areas: Health Systems, Policy and Management; Epidemiology and Biostatistics; Health Promotion and Communication; Environmental and Occupational Health; Clinical Epidemiology; Bioethics.
- CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & CONTROL
The Centre offers PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes in Environmental Management & Control; M.Sc. in Disaster Risk Management; M.Sc. in Chemical Security Management.
B. FACULTY OF LAW
The Faculty of Law invites applicants from candidates for admission into Ph.D programmes in the following departments: Commercial and Corporate Law; Customary and Indigenous Law; International and Comparative Law; Jurisprudence and Legal Theory; Private Law; Public Law and Property Law.
Candidates for admission in the Faculty should possess relevant Master’s degree with at least 3.50 GPA on 5-point scale or 3.0 GPA on 4-point scale.
NOTE: that the GPA for admission into the Departments in the Faculty is not 4.0 on 5-point scale as earlier advertised.
UNN Postgraduate Admission General Entry Requirements
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programmes of the University must have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including English Language. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
A. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized universities who have obtained a degree of bachelor with at least a third class honours with GPA not less than 2.00 on 5-point or its equivalent.
- Candidates with professional qualifications including HND must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L including English and Mathematics.
- For Candidates, who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
B. MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
- The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a second class honours with not less than 2.50 GPA;
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria or any other recognized university with at least credit level passes with a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale;
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have scores of 50% or above;
C. DOCTORATE DEGREE (Ph.D.) PROGRAMME
- Candidate from the University of Nigeria or from other recognized Universities who have obtained Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission. Specifically,
- A minimum of Master’s degree GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.00 on a 4-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in all Departments except those departments listed in (ii) below:
- A minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in the following Departments/Faculties: Music, Economics, Psychology, Education, Medical/Health Sciences, Business Administration, Department of Public Administration and Local Government.
- A minimum score of B (or 60% average) at Master’s degree provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme.
Duration of UNN Postgraduate Programmes.
(a) Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – Two semesters
(a) Postgraduate Diploma (Sandwich) – Three Long Vacations
(b) Master’s degree (Regular):
- A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 Semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments/Faculties listed in c (ii) below.
- A minimum of 4 semesters for Full-time and 6 semesters for part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education and Business Administration.
- M.Ed. (Sandwich) – three long vacations.
- Ph.D. degree Programme – A minimum of six semester for full time and eight semesters for part time in all Faculties except Agriculture which is four semesters for full time and six semesters for part time. (Ph.D. is not run as a Sandwich programme).
Candidates are expected to complete their programmes at the minimum duration but not to exceed the maximum. (See Postgraduate Regulations).
How to Apply for UNN Postgraduate Admission.
Application Forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee of N25,000.00 (Twenty five thousand naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
Applicants should log on to www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
- While filing the Application Form, type your Area of Specialization in the space for Field of Study.
Candidates should download three (3) copies of the referee report (D1) forms after completing preliminary and personal details online. Some details on the form would be inserted automatically with the information provided by the candidate online while the remaining information should be completed by the referee manually and returned to the candidate who will enclose it in sealed envelope for submission. Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referees’ reports are available.
Candidate should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward with a copy of Academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than 30thJuly. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School would not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties. Candidates for Enugu based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or delivered to: The PAR, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. For ease of reference, Enugu based faculties are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Health Sciences & Technology; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS) and Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC). Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
(a) NYSC Certificates (Discharge or Exemption or exclusion Certificate). Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted.
(b) Two copies of the Application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
(i) One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a brown 10” X 15” envelope;
(ii) The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a white 9” X 13” file Jacket;
(c) All accompanying documents should be placed in the file Jacket, specified in (b.ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in brown envelope as specified in (b.i.) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope and delivered or addressed and sent by courier to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka”.
CLOSING DATE: Online sale of UNN Supplementary Postgraduate Application Forms starts from 3rd October, 2018 and ends on 2nd November, 2018..
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- All applicants shall undergo computer based Postgraduate Admission Screening Test.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website:www.unn.edu.ng or www.spgs.unn.edu.ng from 26th October, 2018 after submitting the completed application form.
- Date of the Supplementary Screening Test: To be announced.
NOTE: For Ph.D. degree programme, a candidate must obtain at least an acceptance letter for publishing an article from a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.