Source- MySchool Gist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Certificate and Diploma Programmes of the School of Continuing Education, University of Uyo (UNIUYO), for the 2018/2019 academic session.
UNIUYO Certificate Courses and Admission Requirements.
ONE (1) YEAR FULL-TIME CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
A. FACULTY OF ARTS
1. DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE
Certificate Course in French (CCF)
2. DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC
Certificate in Music (CIM)
B. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
1. Certificate in Fine & Industrial Arts (CFA)
Admission Requirements: A minimum of three (3) credits including English Language at the (WASC/NECO/GCE) or its equivalent are required for admission into the One year Certificate programme.
NOTE: The successful completion of the Certificate Programme could enable successful candidates to seek admission through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into any Nigerian University, including University of Uyo, provided that they meet the specific University, Faculty and Departmental admission requirements.
UNIUYO Diploma Courses and Admission Requirements.
A. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
1. Dept, of Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics
Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Services (DHMCS)
2. Centre for Wetland and Waste Management Studies
Diploma in Wetlands Environmental Management and Conservation (DWEMC)
Diploma in Environmental Health Management (DEHM)
B. FACULTY OF ARTS
1. Diploma in theatre Arts (DTA)
2. Diploma in International History and Diplomacy (DIHD)
3. Diploma in Music Arts (DMA)
4. Diploma in Philosophy (DIP)
5. Diploma in Mass Communication (DMC)
6. Diploma in English (DIE)
7. Diploma in Religious Studies (DRS)
C. FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
1. Diploma in Insurance (DII).
D. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
1. Diploma in Biomedical Photography (DBP)
E. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1. Diploma in Library Science (DLS)
2. Diploma in Educational Technology (DET)
3. Diploma in Physical Education and Sports. (DPES)
F. FACULTY OF LAW
1. Diploma in Law (DIL)
G. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
1. Diploma in Computer Science (DICS)
2. Diploma in Health, Safety, Security and Environment (DPES)
H. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. Diploma in Public Admin. (DP A)
2. Diploma in Local Government and Rural Development (DLG)
3. Diploma in Personnel Management (DPM
4. Diploma in Public Finance (DPF)
5. Diploma in International Relations (DIR)
6. Diploma in Social Work and Community Development (DSWD)
7. Diploma in Environment and Development (DED)
Note: Successful completion of the Diploma programmes could enable applicants to seek admission by Direct Entry into the University of Uyo or any other University in Nigeria.
General Admission Requirements : Candidates should possess (WASC/NECO/GCE) or its equivalent with Credit passes in four (4) subjects and above at not more than two sittings including English Language and other Departmental requirements. Diploma in Religious Studies requires at least four credit passes at the WASC/NECO/GCE ordinary level which must include English Language and Christian Religious Knowledge.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Diploma and Certificate Admission.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N5, 500.00 (Five Thousand, Five Hundred naira) only via Remita Payment Platform.
The portal will be open from Monday, August 20, 2018 for registration.
Online Registration and payment instruction.
1. Visit http://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals or uniuyo.edu.ng (click on e-portals link)
2. Select Admission forms link (on the side bar)
3. Select e-Form(s) option
4. Select Admission Type (Example; Certificate or Diploma as the Admission Form Type.
5. Enter your phone number, Name and E-mail
6. Click the MAKE PAYMENT button to make payment
7. Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
8. After payment return to the online portal and click on REGISTER LINK
9. Note your Login credentials generated
10. Login and complete your registration
Closing date for registration is Eight weeks from the date of Advertisement.