Applications are invited from university startups from around the world that are making an impact for the 2019 University Startup World Cup. The deadline for submission of applications is 20th July, 2019.
University Startup World Cup has been running for five years. Their goal is to feature university startups from around the world that are making an impact. That’s why they’ve made sure to incorporate the SDGs within the foundation of their program.
They’ve set up the application process differently this year. They’ve designed an online program teaching basic Nordic style methods to ensure all of their participants have an equal chance. The program begins from May to July where startups will work at their own leisure, and submit mini assignments which will be added to their application for the judging round.
University Startup World Cup Eligibility.
- Applicant must currently be a student, have a student on your team or have graduated within 2 years;
- Students must have at least 2 co-founders;
- You must be implementing 1 of the 17 UN sustainable development goals within your startup.
University Startup World Cup Benefits.
- Final award show – five startups will pitch for a chance to win $15,000
- Each finalist receives $1000 USD grant.
How to Apply for University Startup World Cup.
- Phase One – Online Application: Phase one of the application is a simple form asking typical startup questions, and to confirm participation for phase two that begins in May. The deadline for this application round is July 20th. Click here to apply
- Phase Two – USWC online program: The online program is a mandatory part of the application process. The deadline is on July 20th. All assignments will be added to phase 1 of your application for the judging round. As long as all assignments are completed, you will advance to the judging round in August. They have made sure to give everyone a lot of time to complete the program, and we promise we’ve made it simple, easy, and fun.
Click here to create a login with your name, e-mail address, and team name. Please note that there should be only one login per team. Once you have created your login, you will receive an email with the link. From here, you will be directed to the case page, where the 4 modules will be available. Make sure to click on “open case.”
- Phase Three – Judging Round: All startups who complete the online program will automatically get to phase three, which is the judging round. All applications will be reviewed by internal experts. Only the top 40 startups will be selected to attend the finals for a chance to win $15,000 USD.