WAEC 2022 CRS Objectives Past Questions; Students who are interested in writing WAEC, can use this resource to study properly.
WEST AFRICA SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (WASSCE) 2022
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES 1 (OBJECTIVE TEST )
TIME ALLOWED: ONE HOUR (1 HR)
- Answer all the questions
- Each question is followed by four options lettered A to D. Find the correct option for each question.
- Give only one answer to each question.
1. According to the second creation story, which of the following were formed out of the ground?
A. Sun, moon, and stars
B. Firmaments and light
C. Beast of the field and birds
D. Fishes and all sea monsters
2. Which of the following is the reason for which God decided to make a helper fit for man in the garden of Eden? For
3. The supremacy of God during creation was manifested by His
A. consent that a thing is done.
B. command of let there be.
C. creation of humankind.
D. control over the heavens.
4. Apart from Joseph who was already in Egypt, the offspring of Jacob that migrated from Canaan to Egypt numbered
5. The name Manasseh, which Joseph gave to his first son means
A. a beloved son of Joseph’s wife.
B. God had made Joseph forget his hardship.
C. God had delivered Joseph from death.
D. God had forgotten Joseph and his family.
6. And the Lord said to Moses see, I make you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall…… Which of the following roles was Aaron assigned? A
7. The presence of God among the Israelites is demonstrated by the symbol of
A. fire and cloud.
B. smoke and water.
C. wind and dust.
D. clouds and wind.
8. Joshua’s success in the promised land was attributed to the fact that he was
A. carefree about keeping the laws of God.
B. strong and of good courage.
C. was anointed by Moses personally.
D. is able to take on responsibilities.
9. During the mission of the twelve spies, which of the following tribes did Joshua represent?
10. Who among the following kings did God sell the people of Israel to and oppress them for twenty years?
11. Sisera, the commander, was killed by Jael whose husband was a
12. Which of the following was the major sin attributed to Hophni and Phinehas? They
A. treated the offering of the Lord with contempt.
B. took bribes and had no regard for justice.
C. engaged in idolatry and adultery.
D. deposed their father from the priesthood.
13. Samuel was said to have failed in matters of parental responsibility because he
A. made his children to succeed him.
B. made his children judge Israel.
C. did not bring up his children in his ways.
D. could not maintain unity in his family.
14. Though you are little in your own eyes, are you not the head of the tribes of Israel? On which occasion was this statement made?
A. During the sacrifice at Michmash
B. When the sons of Samuel disobeyed God
C. When the evil spirit tormented Saul
D. During the war between Israel and Amalek
15. One important lesson that could be learned from David when he spared the life of Saul is
A. that we must not insult kings despite their wickedness.
B. to avoid retaliation for wrongs done against us.
C. to pray for all who hate you.
D. that no king should be killed by his subjects.
16. Which of the following names was given to Solomon by the prophet Nathan when he was born?
17. ….And God said, “Ask what I shall give you”. To whom and where was this request made?
A. David at Hebron
B. Solomon at Hebron
C. David at Gibeon
D. Solomon at Gibeon
18. A major mistake attributed to Rehoboam was his decision to
A. dare Jeroboam to divide the kingdom.
B. lead Israel to war without God’s approval.
B. worship other gods and foreign wives.
D. follow in the negative footsteps of Solomon.
19. The reason for which the building of the temple came into fulfillment during the time of Solomon was that
A. David was guilty of shedding blood.
B. there was relative peace during his reign.
C. his father had arranged for building materials.
D. he offered enough sacrifices to God.
20. When Jezebel decided to cut off the prophets of the Lord, who among the following took a hundred prophets and hid them in a cave?
21. Elijah ran from mount Carmel to the city of Jezreel because he was
A. chased by the Baal prophets.
B. Overjoyed by his journey.
C. pursued by Ahab the king.
D. possessed by the spirit of God.
22. Proclaim a fast and set Naboth on high among the people. Which of the following was Naboth charged with after the proclamation? He was charged with
A. claiming to b the messiah and king.
B. cursing God and the king.
C. instigating a riot among the people.
D. refusing to release the family land to the king.
23. Which of the following was the reason for which God promised to punish the house of Ahab and not Ahab himself? Ahab
A. revealed the sins of Manasseh.
B. acted under pressure.
C. was a righteous man.
D. acted wisely.
24. I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. The discovery of the law book
A. revealed the sins of Manasseh.
B. gave Josiah’s reform direction.
C. called for the revival of the Passover.
D. revealed God’s righteousness and purity.
25. Huldah, the prophetess, pronounced evil upon Judah because the people
A. had burned incense to other gods.
B. were marrying foreign women.
C. were disobedient to the king.
D. had failed to keep the Sabbath.
26. But the army of the Chaldeans pursued the king and overtook him in the plains of Jericho. This text alludes to the incident where
A. the Babylonians arrested Zedekiah.
B. the Babylonians made Zedekiah king.
C. Nebuchadnezzar’s army arrested Jehoiachin.
D. Nebuchadnezzar’s army chased Jehoiachin.
27. Which of the following ways did Nehemiah demonstrate concern for his nation? He
A. revived the worship of Yahweh.
B. rebuilt the temple of Jericho.
C. reconstructed the walls of Jerusalem.
D. led the exiles back home.
28. Then these men came by agreement and found Daniel making petition and supplication before his God. The people reminded the king about the following except the
A. punishment for defaulters.
B. power of the treaty.
C. ban on worship.
D. freedom of worship.
29. One immoral act that took place in Israel which was condemned by Amos was that
A. priests slept with women in the temple.
B. Nazarites drank wine and slept in the temple.
C. the rich men took the wives of the poor.
D. a man and his father went into the same woman.
30. To win Israel back to Himself, God promised to turn the valley of Achor into a place of
31. One significant difference between Matthew’s and Mark’s account of Jesus’ baptism is that
A. Matthew alone said that John felt inferior to baptize Jesus.
B. Matthew alone said a voice came from heaven.
C. Mark alone made mention of Galilee during the baptism.
D. only Matthew reported that the spirit alighted on Jesus.
32. Which of the following was the sequence of Jesus’ temptation according to Matthew?
A. Temple → wilderness → mountain
B. Wilderness → temple → mountain
C. Mountain → temple → wilderness
D. Wilderness → mountain → temple
33. I desire mercy, and not sacrifice! For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners. Jesus made this remark when
A. he called the first disciples by the sea.
B. the Saddusees accused him of eating with sinners.
C. the Pharisees accused him of eating with sinners.
D. he healed the woman with the issue of blood.
34. Jesus’ call of the first four disciples to be “fishers of men” implied that they were to
A. propagate the teachings of Jesus.
B. convert the Jews into Christians.
C. win proselytes to Jesus.
D. be trained to become Rabbis.
35. I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven. By this Jesus meant forgiveness
A. must be done only seven times.
B. takes place where there is a pea.
C. is exercised when offence is repeated severally.
D. does not need to have any limitations.
36. One of the major things Christians should do to merit God’s forgiveness according to Jesus is
A. praying without ceasing.
B. fellowshipping together.
C. offering sacrifices to God.
D. forgiving people who offend them.
37. Which of the following is not a humiliation Jesus suffered during his trial?
A. They spat on him
B. His face was covered
C. They put a crown on his head
D. The guards received him with blows
38. My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here and watch with me. Where was this remark made by Jesus?
A. In the garden of Gethsemane
B. When he was in the palace of Caiaphas
C. On the way to Golgotha
D. When he was sent to Herod
39. Jesus’ offer of paradise to the repentant thief on the cross teaches that
A. God’s word must be fulfilled.
B. repentance is never too late.
C. Jesus was crucified to save sinners.
D. people are punished not for their sins.
40. O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Which people were being referred to as foolish? The
A. two men traveling to Emmaus.
B. seventy disciples Jesus sent out.
C. twelve apostles of Jesus.
D. women who went to the tomb of Jesus.
41. Which of the following qualified Matthias as an apostle to replace Judas Iscariot? He
A. had accompanied the disciples from the time of the baptism of Jesus.
B. took an active part in evangelism from house to house.
C. was among the early disciples who prayed fervently.
D. was among the one hundred and twenty disciples who had the Holy Spirit.
42. The replacement of Judas Iscariot was necessary because the
A. death of Judas Iscariot was premature.
B. twelve disciples represent the twelve tribes of Israel.
C. prophesies of the scripture needed to be fulfilled.
D. status quo of the twelve must be maintained.
43. Why did you go to uncircumcised men and eat with them? The uncircumcised men were the
A. Gentiles of Caesarea.
B. Gentiles of Joppa.
C. household of Cornelius.
D. household of Simon.
44. From his experience on the road t Damascus, Saul learned all the following except
A. persecuting the church meant persecuting the Lord.
B. his confidence in Judaism was misplaced.
C. he was specially chosen to preach to the Gentile.
D. he could successfully promote his own will.
45. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. This statement was made by
A. Jesus when he was going to heaven.
B. the seven deacons during their appointment.
C. Peter before the Sanhedrin.
D. the apostles on the day of Pentecost.
46. Which of the following biblical characters was mentioned to have justified his/her faith by works?
47. Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him. By this statement, James meant that
A. we should not pray for ourselves when we are sick.
B. the prayer of the faithful will save the sick.
C. elders of the church can perform wonders.
D. prayer without the elders may not be effective.
48. Peter’s encouragement to Christians to put away all forms of malice implies that
A. it is a divine command to forgive.
B. Christians should emulate Christ.
C. forgiveness heals the heart.
D. grievances breeds disunity.
49. The call on Christians to live as free men, yet without using such freedom as a pretext for perpetuating evil was intended for them to
A. do what is right always,
B. resist the temptations of the devil.
C. fight for their right and freedom.
D. endure suffering and persecution.
50. Peter states that God opposes the proud but the humble, He
A. provides all their needs.
B. gives them protection.
C. grants them success.
D. grants them grace.
Thanks for reading WAEC 2022 CRS Objectives Past Questions