ZukunftskollegHerz Fellowships for International Students in Germany; The University of Konstanz has established the ZukunftskollegHerz Fellowships for the academic year 2023–2024 in order to encourage the hiring of great young international researchers and assist their efforts to pursue further education in Germany.
Early-career scholars from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who are enrolled in doctoral or postdoctoral degree programs at the University of Konstanz in Germany will receive the fellowship grant. For consideration, candidates must have finished their undergraduate degrees outside of Germany. The scholarship comes with a monthly salary of up to € 2,000 as well as housing, travel expenses.
Another fellowship International Fellowships at New Europe College in Romania 2023
Application Deadline: Interested candidates must submit an application with all supporting documents by 15 March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Konstanz
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral or Postdoctoral
- Award: € 2,000 and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Germany. Check other german scholarships on student village
- Eligible Countries: All home and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postdoctoral study programme at the University of Konstanz.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates must not hold a permanent professorship nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification.
- The applicants must have attended a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this fellowship, the applicants must submit the below-listed application documents as separate PDF files in English firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A short nomination letter by the local host
- A short motivation letter by the nominated candidate (max. 1 page)
- A 300-word abstract on the joint research project
- A short summary of your ongoing research project (max. three pages incl. references)
- A detailed work and time plan for the on-campus research project (max. two pages)
- The candidate‡s curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR letter from their supervisor on the status of the thesis)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a doctorate.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university.
The University of Konstanz will award the selected doctoral or postdoctoral students the following fellowship benefits:
- Research stay for three months – with justification for up to 4 months (start date between 15 Sept 2023 and 15 Oct 2023)
- A stipend during the research stay of € 1,200/month for doctoral students/€ and 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Open Science).
- Access to library resources and IT services
- Herz Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months (supported with up to 900€ (lump sum)).