Azusa Pacific University Offers Haggard International Scholarship Program; For Canadian citizens, Azusa Pacific University provides the Haggard International Scholarship Program. Funds are available for university-enrolled undergraduate students, and the award amount is determined by need. Awards are given out on a random basis, and eligibility is determined by financial necessity. You can submit an online application to apply. It’s possible that more paperwork will be needed.
Application Deadline: February 17, 2023
- Organization: Azusa Pacific University
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Undergraduate
- Award Amount: Educational Fund
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the international undergraduate students offered at the Azusa Pacific University
The Haggard International Scholarship (HIS) Program upholds APU’s longstanding practice of training and dispatching Christian missionaries around the world.
The program offers scholarships and leadership development to overseas students who exhibit a dedication to Christianity, leadership potential, and a global perspective. Student need, aptitude for leadership, dedication to Christianity, global attitude, and academic ability are all considered while determining eligibility for the award.
In order to better prepare students to become leaders in their own countries and around the world, the HIS Program combines a tuition scholarship with chances for leadership development.
- For international undergraduate students in F-1 or J-1 student status
- Regular admission to APU along with proof of funds for costs not covered by HIS
- The scholarship is meant for global impact. Therefore, the student cannot take steps to stay in North America after their education and training (If a Canadian citizen, they cannot stay in the U.S.).
- Complete and Submit all parts of the HIS Scholar Application (Contract, Essays, and Reference)
- Student must be a born-again Christian
- 3.2 GPA or above is required to be accepted into the program, and a 3.0 GPA to remain as a HIS Scholar
- HIS scholarship is available for a maximum of 8 semesters and cannot be used for non-APU study abroad semesters
- Student must be committed to all HIS program components to retain the scholarship
Requirements and Expectations
- Monthly meeting with HIS counselor/mentor
- 2-4 HIS Leadership gatherings/assignments per semester
- On-going leadership experience per year (on-campus or off-campus)
- Spiritual discipleship with peer group and mentor
- Vocational development
- Completing at least one Leadership undergraduate class by the end of the first academic year
- Choose a ‘church home’ and attend regularly
Other Requirements and Benefits
- 30-minute culmination presentation at the end of the program
- One short-term leadership experience (Local or International)
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, please complete and submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact information, and a brief statement about your interest in the scholarship. We will review all applications and select a recipient based on their qualifications. Azusa Pacific University Offers Haggard International Scholarship Program