Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarship: Process Integration And Metrology; A Ph.D. scholarship in computer science, electrical engineering, or physics is available from Swansea University. This scholarship’s prize is worth £16,062. Only UK residents are eligible for this scholarship. Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at Swansea University in order to qualify for this grant. Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarship: Process Integration And Metrology
Application Deadline: October 26, 2022
- Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Science and Engineering
- Course level: PhD
- Award Amount: £16,062
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK Candidates
- Subject: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics
- Eligible Countries: UK Candidates
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the undergraduate degree offered at the Swansea University
The need for semiconductor devices is being driven by the automobile industry. The market for automotive semiconductors is growing quickly and is expected to be worth $35 billion by 2020. Defect-free semiconductor device product yields of >90% will be necessary to make this revolution possible.
To do this, 98% of businesses anticipate using digital technology to boost productivity, and over the next ten years, AI will completely change the global semiconductor market. Automated inspection, defect detection, and yield and quality control step adjustments will all be used to accomplish this.
Wafer manufacture, photolithography, insulator growth, deposition, etching, and metal deposition are all steps in the device manufacturing process. Variables in every phase of the process can result in flaws. However, these flaws can be prevented with the correct digital technologies in place, such as AI, leading to improved yields and a more effective semiconductor industry overall. Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarship: Process Integration And Metrology
Candidates must typically possess an undergraduate degree in engineering or a closely related science discipline at the 2.1 level (or Swansea University’s definition of the non-UK equivalent).
English Language Requirements: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 Overall (5.5+ each comp.) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarship: Process Integration And Metrology
How to Apply
To apply for the role, please complete an online application with the following information:
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on the headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we cannot accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g., Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving your application!
- This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £16,062.
- Additional research expenses will also be available.
Thanks for reading Fully Funded Ph.D. Scholarship: Process Integration And Metrology