Benue State University Releases 2023/2024 Post-UTME/DE Admission Forms; The Benue State University (BSU) invites all candidates who applied for admission and selected Benue State University (BSU) as their first choice to participate in the Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (PUTME) Registration and Online Screening Exercise for the 2023/2024 academic year’s admissions.
Sequel to popular demand from candidates and the general public, the Vice-Chancellor has approved extension of the deadline for the PUTME/DE registration to Monday, 8th January, 2024.
Benue State University Releases 2023/2024 Post-UTME/DE Admission Forms
Eligibility and Cut-off Marks:
Candidates who scored 150 points and above in the UTME for programs other than Medicine & Surgery, Law, Nursing, Radiography & Radiation Science, and the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (220 and above) are eligible to participate in the Registration for Online Screening Exercise of the University.
Change of Institution:
Candidates who initially did not choose BSU as their first choice but are willing to seek admission at BSU can apply for a change of institution through JAMB, provided they meet the thresholds specified above.
- Candidates who applied for Law but scored between 150 and 219 may be considered for admission into other programs in the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Candidates who applied for Medicine & Surgery, Nursing Science, B.Sc. Radiography and Radiation Science, and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) in the College of Health Sciences but scored between 150 and 199 shall be considered for any of Anatomy, Physiology, and other allied Sciences’ programs.
Payment and Registration Process:
Qualified candidates are to pay a non-refundable Post-UTME screening registration fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only and proceed to register for the Online Screening Exercise.
How to Apply:
- Visit the BSU website www.bsum.edu.ng and click on the Admissions menu.
- Under Application, click the Post UTME/DE link and enter your JAMB registration number to verify profile details.
- Once the details are verified, candidates are to click on the “proceed” link to generate and print out the payment reference slip.
Candidates can use any of the following payment options:
(I) Cash payments at Bank: Using the Payment Reference Number, visit any of the listed Bank Branches nationwide to make payment. Access Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Limited, Citibank Nigeria Limited, Heritage Banking Company Limited, Keystone Bank Limited, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, Standard Chartered, Wema Bank Plc, Providus Bank Limited, Zenith Bank Plc, ECO Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Unity Bank Plc, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Polaris Bank Plc.
At the bank, candidates should present the Payment Reference Number with cash to use the “College Pay” App to process the transaction and generate a Payment Receipt.
(II) Pay Online using Mastercard, VISA, and Verve Cards: On the Payment Reference Number slip generated after verification, candidates can click on the “Pay Online” button to navigate to the Interswitch Payment Page. Select the card type and enter the requested information to make Payment. Once payment is completed successfully, a receipt will be issued, and candidates will be expected to continue with the application.
(III) Payment at ATM Terminals: Candidates can visit any ATM terminal with their ATM card and select Quickteller from the ATM menu. Choose “pay bills” and enter the Payment reference Number generated. When prompted to enter the Customer ID, fill in 04255101, and for the Payment Code, enter your GSM Number and complete the transaction. Return to the portal to log in and print out the Payment Receipt.
(IV) Quickteller Payment: Candidates can visit the Quickteller section on the Payment Reference page generated after verification and click the link “Pay on www.quickteller.com” to make the payment. Enter Payment Reference Number, enter Card Details, and click on Pay. Then print the Receipt.
NOTE: Candidates who have not used Quickteller before will need to sign up first before handling the above transactions. Candidates who have applied for courses outside the College of Health Sciences can directly visit the website www.quickteller.com/bsum to pay.
For those who have applied for courses in the College of Health Sciences, you can also visit www.quickteller.com/chsbsu to pay.
After payment, candidates are expected to revisit the University website www.bsum.edu.ng and under Admission, select “Post UTME/DE” under Applications to:
- Enter your UTME registration number and click “Verify” to verify your details.
- Click on the “proceed” link to login to your account to register and upload relevant credentials online for the Screening.
- Complete your Biodata by clicking on “My Bio Data.”
- Upload the following documents: WAEC/NECO/NATEB certificates or statement of results (not online printout and same result(s) as uploaded on JAMB portal).
Please note that candidates must first upload the same results on the JAMB portal.
- Click on “Acknowledgment Slip” to print two (2) copies.
Important Note: Only candidates whose O’level results are on the JAMB portal will be considered for admission.
Candidates have one month from the date of this Press Release to complete the payment and registration exercises to be considered for admission for the 2023/2024 session.
Registration commences on Friday, 3rd November 2022, and ends on Saturday, 2nd December 2023.