Student Village Academy › Forums › HEALTH AND RELATIONSHIPS › 10 ways to be Kind to yourself.
Tagged: Health, motivation
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Seun Samuel.
September 28, 2022 at 4:50 AM #41733Shekinah BramaModerator
The world can be harsh and unforgiving. It can bring even the toughest person to their knees and make them wish they would never get back up. It moves quickly and does not stop when someone falls behind. Instead, it just leaves them alone. It’s difficult to stay motivated and even more difficult to become motivated.
You and I are both aware that the frantic pace of life can become overwhelming. You might even feel as if you don’t know what it means to be kind to yourself anymore. Don’t be concerned. Everyone has been there but it’s your choice to either be kind to yourself or just continue wallowing in self pity and low motivation.
here are 10 ways to be kind to yourself today;
1. Believe in yourself:When things are as difficult as they are, believing in yourself is sometimes the best course of action. Remember what you did to get where you are, and know that the same belief will get you there. When you begin to believe again, go outside and scream it as loudly as you can so that the rest of the world can hear your conviction.
2. Positive affirmations: Give yourself a well-deserved pep talk. You’ve seen it before. The one that begins, “I am great, and I can do whatever I want,” and ends, “And I know in my heart that all of this is true.” It will not only alter your trajectory, but it will also significantly improve a bad mood.
3. Take a walk: If it appears simple, that is because it is. Take a walk. Get outside and explore the world. While you’re out there, smell the flowers, listen to the birds, and feel the breeze. Some of life’s most enjoyable experiences are frequently free and easily accessible. One of them is this. Oh, and if you really want to spoil yourself, do it in the rain. You’ll be astounded by how much it changes you.
4.Listen to Music: Music is the universal language and a window into our souls. Technology allows you to play the exact song you want at the exact moment you want it. Take advantage of this. Remember, only you know what song it is, so go ahead and download it. Prepare to be whisked away to a location known only to you.
5. Read a book: No worries if music isn’t your thing. Unplug from the outside world and curl up with a good book. You’ve seen it before. The one you’ve read more than five times and can’t put down each time you pick it up. That’s the one. Pick it up again and prepare to be immersed in a world unlike your own.
6. Give yourself compliments: You understand, as well as I do, that a compliment can go a long way. Instead of constantly releasing them into the world, release one into the mirror and watch the reflection light up with delight.
7.Call someone and tell them how much they mean to you : Treating yourself does not always imply doing something that benefits you directly. It could mean calling a friend and telling them how much they mean to you. Consider how you’d feel if someone you hadn’t spoken to in a long time randomly called you to tell you how wonderful you are. Consider what it could do for them. Go ahead and do it.
8.Count 10 ways that your life is amazing: That’s all. Simple. Just ten ways. No longer. Nothing less, and you’ll see how privileged and blessed you are. One of the causes of lack of motivation is not being appreciative of your life and comparing it to other people’s lives.
9.Have a cheat day: A cheat day is defined as eating poorly once a week in the fitness world. There is nothing wrong with including this day in your weekly calendar. Stop doing what matters (work, cooking, cleaning, etc.) and focus on what doesn’t (watching the latest movie, reading a magazine, spending the day in your pyjamas, etc.).
10. Treat yourself: Maintain your budget, but treat yourself to something that brings you great joy. You work hard for your money, and despite what the experts say, you should spend some of it. Purchase whatever makes you happy. Buy a comic book if it’s a comic book. Take your shoes off and sit down if you’re getting a pedicure. It makes no difference what it is; simply go out and buy it.
If I may ask you one favour? Please leave a comment if you know of any ways to be kind to yourself right now or ways that you motivate yourself when life is hitting hard.
September 28, 2022 at 7:04 AM #41734Esther AmadiModerator
This is really nice, thanks for sharing. ❤️
September 28, 2022 at 7:36 AM #41735justseyiKeymaster
What if my cheat day is 3 times a week boss? ?
October 1, 2022 at 3:09 PM #41794Seun SamuelModerator
I totally agree with you brother, if I may adds one more kindness to oneself that will be “Stay True to yourself and everyone around you” only that way could you have peace of mind.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.