August 4, 2022 at 10:07 PM #38816justseyiKeymaster
I hope this thread will come be helpful to students who are job hunting or trying to figure out the skills they need for their CV / Resume.
Share this with fellow students you know.
Hard skills get you hired.
But soft skills get you promoted.
11 soft skills to accelerate your career
• Listen without interrupting.
• Speak with a positive tone.
• Pay attention to your body language.
• Identify what other people care about.
• Create stories that resonate with them.
• Communicate those stories with brevity and emotion.
• Listen carefully.
• Understand what the other side wants.
• Know your worth.
• Then propose solutions that benefit both sides.
4. Relationship building:
• Help others unconditionally.
• Look for common interests.
• Always add value before asking for something in return.
• Take a genuine interest in other people.
• Look at things from their perspective.
• Acknowledge their feelings.
• Never judge and always be supportive.
• Be generous with your time and attention.
6. Positive attitude:
• Never gossip.
• Never complain.
• Criticize sparingly.
• Always speak well of others.
• Avoid claiming all the credit.
• Celebrate other people’s wins.
• Praise teammates publicly and praise them generously.
8. Conflict resolution:
• Avoid arguments and accusations.
• Focus on solutions over problems.
• Apologize unconditionally when it’s your fault.
9. Emotional intelligence.
• Never act impulsively.
• Take a step back when you’re upset.
• Understand what you’re feeling.
• Understand the consequences of your actions.
• Then proceed accordingly.
10. Time management:
• Learn to prioritize.
• Learn to delegate.
• Learn to say no.
11. Work ethic:
• Take responsibility for your work.
• Always show up and deliver on time.
• Always keep your commitments.
• Never deflect blame on to others.
August 5, 2022 at 10:25 AM #38819Odion AbigailParticipant
this is nice, but you will agree with me as human it is highly impossible for 1 person being able to have all these said soft skills. You know that right?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.