Student Village Academy Forums VILLAGE POLITICS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS Anti-Obi comment: Soludo not politically sound, says Okupe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      justseyi
      Keymaster

Doyin Okupe, the director general of the Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Council, argued that Charles Soludo’s estimation of Obi’s chances in the 2023 elections was illogical.

In an interview that aired on Channels Television on Tuesday, Okupe said that Soludo’s remark about Obi was a jest.

Okupe referred to Soludo’s claim that Obi would receive 25% of the votes cast overall in four federation states as “ludicrous.”

“I’m glad Soludo acknowledged that Peter Obi would win the Anambra State election.

Not a fortune-teller or a prophet, Soludo is a professor of economics. Definitely, he is not too grounded politically. Nobody will defeat Peter Obi in the five states of the South-East, the campaign director declared.

In his post titled “History Beckons and I Will Not Be Silent (Part 1)” published on Monday, Soludo said that Obi could not win the 2023 presidential race.

In response to Soludo’s additional remarks, Okupe claimed that the governor of Anambra spoke from a position of “political illusion.”

“Normally, I won’t disagree with Soludo, but for the sole purpose of preventing people from being misinformed by his incredibly poor assessment of the electoral standing of the Labour Party in Nigeria, I will say one or two things.

He must reside on an other world. I’m not sure what is making him believe that the APC and PDP are the only candidates in this election. This is a complete falsehood that even a blind person and a young child of nine years old can see.

It’s obvious that Professor Soludo is engaging in self-political illusion. 90% of the current surveys indicate that Peter Obi is far ahead of the other competitors. The fact that it is a three-cornered race is no longer news.

We are no longer the third force in the three-corner race, either. The two institutions are now vying for second and third place after we took control of and bypassed them. The statement made by Professor Soludo has nothing to do with reality or common sense

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.