- This topic is empty.
October 31, 2022 at 1:28 PM #42567justseyiKeymaster
Not only is Prof. Folasade Ogunsola the first female vice-chancellor of UNILAG. These Are Her 11 Facts
The University of Lagos’ Governing Council named Professor Folasade Ogunsola as the organization’s 13th vice-chancellor on Friday, October 7.
Ogunsola, who takes over as the institution’s 60-year-old institution’s first female leader, has since said she is ready to lead “an all-inclusive administration.”
However, she has made a name for herself in academia, earning numerous firsts as a researcher and consultant with numerous national and international organizations. Becoming vice-chancellor of UNILAG is not her first noteworthy achievement.
11 interesting facts about the academician who beat out her rivals to win the top position at UNILAG:
1. Her father was a teacher at the University of Ibadan, where she was born and raised in 1958.
2. She was born to the late distinguished geographer Professor Akin Mabogunje.
She served as the university’s deputy vice chancellor for development services from 2017 to 2021.
4. She served as the university’s acting vice-chancellor from August to November 2021.
5. She is the only woman to have held the provost position of the medical college in UNILAG’s history.
6. She is the institution’s first vice-chancellor who is a woman.
7. She is an expert in disease management and control and a professor of medical microbiology.
8. She has worked with 61 master’s degree students and eight doctoral students.
9. Until 2012, she served as the chair of Lagos University Teaching Hospital’s Infection Control Committee.
10. Throughout the 2014 Ebola outbreak, she served as the team leader for Nigeria’s infection prevention and control unit.
11. She received her master’s degree from UNILAG, making her an alumna.
In accordance with the announcement of her appointment, she will succeed Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe and her tenure will last for five years beginning on Saturday, November 12, 2022.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.