Tagged: University Aspirants
March 26, 2018 at 8:18 PM #6490MercyParticipant
Post utme cancelled for 2018/2019
naijaadvance.com.ng Mar 25, 2018 8:52 AM
A lot of university, Polytechnic and college of education aspirants have been asking of post utme has been cancelled for 2018/2019. There have been different news about the present status of Post-UTME and no one seems to know the actual real story.
As you all know the Nigerian Senate ones moved a motion to stop the unnecessary extortion of money from candidates all in the name of conducting post utme screening extermination, some schools even sold their Post utme forms as high as 12,000 just imagine.
With all this problems the minister of Education now steps in and explained the benefits of post utme Excercise to the school and our educational sector and a common ground was reached that all schools should peg the price of post utme form at 2,000 naira.
The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, has urged higher institutions and the general public to disregard social media reports that he has cancelled Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME).
Malam Adamu Adamu
A statement by the Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja directed institutions to carry on with the conduct of the Post-UTME.
The statement was signed by Mrs Priscilla Ihuoma, Director, Press and Public Relations.
Ihuoma said that the minister also warned that institutions charging above the stipulated sum of N2000 for the exercise would be sanctioned.
The attention of the Minister of Education has been drawn to a news report in the media claiming that the minister had issued a directive to universities to cancel the Post-UTME examinations already scheduled.
The statement, according to the report, was issued by Mr. Ben Goong, Deputy Director of Press.
The ministry would like to assert emphatically that the report is completely false and without foundation; Minister therefore urges universities to go ahead with their Post-UTME arrangements as earlier planned.
Mr. Goong, who purportedly issued the statement, ceased to be a staff of the Ministry since November, 2016.
The attention of the minister has also been drawn to some of the institutions who are charging more than the stipulated N2, 000.’’
Ihuoma said that the minister viewed it as an act of insubordination and emphatically redirected that every institution that violated the directive would be made to face disciplinary action.
She said that the minister directed such institutions to refund to the students immediately as Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had been directed to compile list of violators for appropriate sanctions.
The ministry also urges the media to always endeavour to crosscheck facts with the relevant officials of the ministry before publication, particularly when such sensitive matters of national importance are involved.
March 27, 2018 at 7:06 AM #6495
from experience I’d say there’s no harm in universities conducting an exam to select its aspiring students
March 27, 2018 at 9:10 AM #6499irebamiParticipant
Even if they don’t get money from students from post utme, they could make up some crazy stuffs to get get money from the newly admitted students. Its good the government is trying to protect the students
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.