- This topic is empty.
January 8, 2023 at 10:25 AM #45206Student VillageKeymaster
WAEC GCE (1st Series) 2023 registration closes 9th January; In 2018, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) launched two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates. The inaugural 2023 series will begin in February 2023.
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First Series would be a city-based exam. It is designed to assist applicants who have gaps in their WASSCE results in bridging the gap. The examination would cover nineteen)19) subjects. Before getting the registration PIN, prospective candidates should visit the Council’s Corporate website at http://www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available test towns and disciplines.
APPLICATION FOR THE EXAMINATION:
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First Series registration will be done online. After receiving the Registration PIN, candidates should go to http://www.waeconline.org.ng to register. Candidates should also keep in mind that the registration process has been structured to support biometric features that will be used for validation at testing centers.
The normal registration period is from Monday December 19th, 2022 to January 9th, 2023
MODE OF PAYMENT:
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and information VCD:
- -Access Bank Plc
- -Ecobank Plc
- -Fidelity Bank Plc
- -First Bank of Nig
- -First City Monument Bank Plc
- -Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- -Heritage Bank Plc
- -Jaiz Bank
- -Polaris Bank Ltd
- -Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- -Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- -Sterling Bank Plc
- -Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- -United Bank for Africa Plc
- -Unity Bank Plc
- -WEMA Bank Plc
- -Zenith Bank Plc
In addition, Candidates will be requested to pay five hundred naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidate” fee is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
Candidates MUST complete registration within two weeks after the first time they access the website during the registration period. They should double-check their names, gender, passport photos, dates of birth, and subjects. They must also print the Admission Notice as proof of registration, which will be used as identification during the examination. The Admission Notice will also include the Result Checker PIN. UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device is an approved fingerprint scanner.
- -Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination -Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable
- -Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- -Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor quality photography by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit http://www.waecnigeria.org
- -Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
- -Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls
- -The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- -Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled
- –Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidate’s particulars. Request for amendments will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- -Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice
- -Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted
- -Candidates must ensure they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- -All Candidates MUST be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations
PATRICK E. AREGHAN
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.