INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION 2016
Recommended; IJMB Government 102 Past Questions 2016
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES PAPER II: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (3 HRS)
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer ONE (1) question from Section A and THREE (3) questions from Section B. You will answer FOUR (4) questions in all.
SECTION A: BACKGROUND TO THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer ONE (1) question from this section
1. Describe the reasons why there was no felt need for a written Gospel account.
2. For what purpose was the Gospel according to Saint Luke written?
SECTION B: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer THREE (3) questions from this section
3. Identify the temptations of Jesus by the Devil and state Jesus’ reply to each temptation as found in St. Matthew’s Gospel account.
4. Narrate the parable of the sower, pointing out the meaning as given by Matthew.
5. Describe the incident of the feeding of the four thousand (4,000) people by Jesus in Saint Mark’s Gospel account.
6. Explain Jesus’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem as found in Saint Luke’s Gospel account.
7. Describe the trial of Jesus before Pilate as recorded by Saint Mark.
Thanks for reading IJMB CRS 102 Past Questions 2016