INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION 2015.
SUBJECT: ISLAMIC STUDIES PAPER III: THEOLOGY AND RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (3 HRS)
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer FOUR (4) questions in all, but at least ONE (1) question must be chosen from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION A: THEOLOGY
1. (a) Give the meaning of the following attributes of Allah (SWT).
i. Muhaymin ii. Al-Jabbar iii. al-Salam iv. al-Azeez v. al-Lateef vi. al-Sabur vii. al-Shakur viii. al-Wadud ix. al-Mutakabbir
2. Explain the differences between the Qur’an and the previously revealed books.
3. Examine the implications of the second part of Shahadah.
4. Discuss the implications of belief in life after death.
SECTION B: RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS
5. Discuss the significance of al-Tajdid and the qualities of al-Mujaddid.
6. Examine the philosophy of Jamaluddeen al-Afghani as a revivalist and its relevance to the contemporary Muslim world.
7. Analyze the state of Islam in Hausa land and the reformation the 1804 Jihad leaders brought.
8. Appraise the means through which Islam was introduced into West Africa.
Thanks for reading IJMB IRS 103 Past Questions 2015