NECO Begins 2023 NECO GCE Registration; This is to inform prospective candidates interested in registering for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External that registration has commenced. The registration process is available both online and offline.
Prospective candidates are advised to visit the Council’s website http://www.neco.gov.ng, specifically the SSCE External link, to register at any time during the stipulated registration period. Candidates can create an account, purchase a registration quota, and then proceed to a reputable Cybercafé for biometric data capture and completion of registration.
NECO Begins 2023 NECO GCE Registration
- A recent passport-sized photograph is required for registration. The photograph should not be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. A system camera can also be used for the photograph at the registration point.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- There will be BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION during the examination, and candidates with mismatched fingerprints will be considered impersonators and subject to sanctions as per existing laws.
Preparation for NECO GCE Exam:
Candidates intending to write the NECO GCE Exam can adequately prepare by using O’level/WAEC/NECO Past Questions through the Myschool Past Questions Computer Software or the Myschool Past Questions Mobile App, allowing them to access past questions anywhere they wish to study.
- Registration Website: http://www.neco.gov.ng
- Registration Fee and Other Materials:
- Registration Fee: Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00)
- Four-figure Table: Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) per copy
- Waterproof Certificate Jacket Folder: Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) per candidate
- Note: Additional charges include Stamp Duty, Service, and Remita fees.
- Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) can visit http://www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts, and make payments through various options:
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
- Registration Period:
- The registration period starts on 11th September 2023 and ends on 13th November 2023 at 12:00 midnight.
- Late registration, from 14th to 19th November 2023, will attract an additional fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00).
- Walk-in registration is Twenty-eight Thousand Naira (N28,000.00) per candidate.
- Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Timetable:
Upon completing the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the cybercafé:
- Timetable for the examination
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which will be used for admission into the Examination Hall. Please ensure that the passport-sized photographs on the Photo cards are clear and recent. The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photo card should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
a) The Principal of a recognized Secondary School.
b) An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
c) A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain or its equivalent.
d) A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
e) A Legal Practitioner with not less than Ten years’ experience.
Candidates are no longer required to submit their Attestation/Photo cards at NECO State Office for stamping.
- Visually Impaired Candidates:
Visually impaired candidates should register like others but indicate the nature of their disability when entering their bio-data during offline registration.
- Examination Centers:
Examination centers for each State have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within their State where they intend to take the Examination, and they will be automatically assigned a center within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
- Available Subjects for the Examination:
The following subjects are available for the examination, including Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba) with a Literature component. [List of Subjects]
- General Information:
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- WALK-IN CANDIDATES can register Six (6) hours before the subject they intend to write.
- Examination center selection cannot be edited after upload.
- Candidates or cybercafé operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on http://www.neco.gov.ng for instructions on the registration procedure.
- The use of reputable cybercafés is highly recommended as the Council will not be responsible for registration errors made by candidates